What are you drinking tonight.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The end of a corny keg of Citra and Amarillo Pale Ale along with a fair amount of hop residue.......#nature'slaxitive #poooomph

Planning to repeat the brew with different pale malt. Just about to order some Hook Head Pale malt based on advice from the forum.

As a quick addendum, the labels come off the Fullers ESB bottles VERY easily! Wish they were all coming off so quickly.....

Old Peculier and a Pendle witches for me.

OP.png
35517256_1863626567264491_6348055289480085504_n.jpg

Two sample jars of my current brews..a witbier and an american pale,both very promising. I've dry hopped the pale with around 60g of Amarillo.
At the supermarket a can of vocation life and death fell into my trolley...
I'll have a pint out the keg and maybe a cider all before 9.

Innes & Gunn's Mangoes on the Run IPA. Something very artificial about the taste, almost like a cake mix. Not sure if I'm going to finish it or tip it.

Should have known as I haven't tasted an I&G beer I've actually liked :(

Had these the other night, tesco really pushing the craft beers now.
Neipa by vocation 7.2% 440ml can very good indeed nice peachy tropical hops a bit bitter on the finish for a new england.
A blueberry waffle stout also in a 440 can vocation yeasties boys collab again very good sweet and malty pastry stout nice fruity notes even the missus liked this.
Also had a berliner wiess blackberry and Raspberry I think can't remember was ****** by then :beer1:i wasn't so enamored with this one though. Keep em coming tesco
DSC_1385.JPG
DSC_1383.JPG

I had a Kleiburg DIPA earlier on, unfiltered and unpasteurised, wish I had read it before I poured everything into the glas, yuck. What a mess. Next one will be a Belgian Brown, "Chimay Brune", very foamy, smelling sweetish, fermented in the bottle. 35% off because of assortment changes probably, £1-ish now. I'll finish probably with a Piraat Triple Hop.

Innes & Gunn's Mangoes on the Run IPA. Something very artificial about the taste, almost like a cake mix. Not sure if I'm going to finish it or tip it.

Should have known as I haven't tasted an I&G beer I've actually liked :(
Well it is cask conditioned Tennents after all!

Between the two of us we had -
BrewDog vs La Pirata - Al Abordaje! (Very good Barley wine)
Brewdog 10 tonne truck (black forest edition) - Excellent Stout (shareholder fanzine freebie)
Wiper & True - Milk Shake - Lovely Milk Stout
And some random brewdog ipa that was on the fanzine too. Good but very generic. Rather forgettable.

The glass in the front is a SMASH (Maris Otter and Citra) brewed back in February 2018.

The DJ's at the back are the two "Rowan Berry instead of Hops" experiment that are just not clearing despite being dosed with Kwik-Clear after nearly four weeks fermenting and then cold crashed!

I lost interest after the third SMASH! :laugh8:

IMG_0877.jpg

An Alesmith Speedway Stout in Brewdog Edinburgh. It's pretty special, but at £5.50 for 1/3 pint it's not for everyone :thumba:
jicpbrA.jpg

The good lady and I have been to Cleethorpes as I've only recently realised there was a Sam Smith's pub there, despite Clee only being 15 miles or so from where I'm from.

Cracking night, spent drinking oak cask old brewery bitter and keg extra stout.

On my list of to try beers.
Is it up there with the best?
It is fantastic, incredibly rich flavours of chocolate, coffee and dark fruits. It wouldn't be the best RIS I've ever tasted (that'd be Struise Black Albert) but I'd say yes, it is up there with the greats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back