What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
22 litres of Tribute
4000g Maris otter
400g Vienna
100g wheat
28g Challenger @60m
25g Willamette @15m
25g Styrian Golding @ 85C for 20m
35g Willamette @ 85C for 20m
Midland yeast
OG 1046 BHE 71%

I couldn't resist a taste of my bitter this morning. I'll be bottling it in a couple of days time, but it tastes very promising indeed, good malt and hop flavours, and nice colour, I have high hopes for this one.

Brewing American Amber hopped with Chinook, Idaho Gem & Mosaic
IMG_20220830_193434.jpg

A short while ago I finished the last of my first attempt at a beer kit ( Tom Caxton bitter ) it had a nice smell and tasted ok but I'd have liked it a little stronger. So I had another bash added the enhancer same as last time but also a cup of sugar and only made it up for 32 pints rather than 40. Sipping it now and wow its good Just under 6% and tastes very like my favorite which is McEwens Champion :) having a try at a new one next Yorkshire Bitter.

Brewing tomorrow I think but still can't decide! This morning I bottled #8 Tribute,all seemed the same,fermentation time,fg,look and taste but thus time I used CML Midland yeast. It seems slightly different than the usual Wlko Gervin in that it wasn't as sticky in the bottom of the fv. The bottles have been sat on my table for the last few hours while I popped out and have started to drop clear!

Further batch of oatmeal stout. I was very pleased with the last batch I made, and this has only the slightest tweak in the recipe by comparison with it.

20220906_141421.jpg

Virtually done,one point over target gravity. Dropping the wort at 32c which will then go in the fridge to get to 20c at which I'll pitch the yeast. I'm trying CML "5" with this.

Just mashed in on a 23L batch of Archers Bitter (Graham Wheeler Recipe) I’ve made this a fair few times and it is just a nice decent session ale.

Last edited:
22.5 litres of An American IPA with citra and cascade and keg hopped with citra and centennial. The fermzilla I got for my birthday also gets used for the first time today.

Dave, thinking of a black IPA in the near future, how much black/dark malt did you use? Looks a lot from the photo.
There was 350g of carafa 2 and 50g of black malt. This was added to the top of the mash for the last 5 mins and sparged over it so hopefully the dark malt flavours will be subtle.the black malts were lightly mixed into the top inch of grain bed. Recipe link below
https://share.brewfather.app/VrG5WTcgYpxYh6

Latest posts

Back