What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just kegged a Wilko make me hoppy pimped with 50g CML punk ed up hops. brewed with Ashbeck water and brew enhancer and gerven yeast. 1045 --> 1005 f.g. Still got a bit of a tang to it. hopefully it will mature ok. Sooner I can get back to AG the better.

Attachments

• 20220123_203237.jpg
    20220123_203237.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 38
Bottled my latest English IPA. Looking OK at this stage. A light malty note on the nose and a good hit of bitter hops with some floral aromatics too. Carries the 6.5% or so abv easily too. We will see how it turns out.

20 litres of Sea Fury clone
4400g MO
200g Wheat malt
200g Special B
200g Crystal 100L
40g First Gold @60m
27g Bramling Cross @15m
1 Protofloc @15m
Wilko Gervin yeast @19C
OG 1052

Have you brewed this before? I have all the ingredients; I could put it on my list... 🙂

21 litres ESB
5.3 kg Compass Schooner pale malt
0.8 kg Flaked Corn
0.35 kg Viking Caramel 150 (late mash addition)
0.25 kg Gladiator Dextrin malt.
Just finished and cleared away when the storm hit.
001.JPG
004.JPG

Only lasted about 5 minutes but it didn't half come down.

Just brewed a "dark" Kölsch. 24 litres to the FV with a bit of trub at 1.052.
Grist was 5 kg Bohemian Pilsner, 0.3 kg Munich, and 0.2 kg Carafa Special 3 mashed at 66°C.
Hallertauer Hersbrucker at 60 min and a little at 5 min for 22 IBU.
Lalbrew Koln Kolsch yeast at 13°C. First time using this yeast, so we'll see how it goes!

On Saturday I brewed an American amber ale using Columbus hops and BRY 97 for first time, picked up from my LHBS.

18L batch
Total water 24L (no sparge)
IBU 44
OG 1.054
FG. 1.011
Abv 5.4%

4kg Maris Otter
400gm Munich
400gm Crystal
50gm Extra Dark Crystal

15gm Columbus 60mins
10gm Columbus 10mins
5gm Columbus 60min @ hopstand 80c

Pitched 2 packs of BRY 97 as it was best before Dec 21 and it's now got a nice krausen.

So yesterday I brewed a stout with user upper ingredients
5 kg pale malt
200g cara rye
300g chocolate rye
150g roasted barley
150g carafa 2
100g black malt
15g magnum 60min
15g Zeus 60 min
55g bramling cross 0 min
Sg 1.056

left it to chill overnight as I couldn’t be bothered to chill it lol

pitched on some slurry from an ipa with bry97.
A lazy brew so will see how it turns out

So yesterday I brewed a stout with user upper ingredients
5 kg pale malt
200g cara rye
300g chocolate rye
150g roasted barley
150g carafa 2
100g black malt
15g magnum 60min
15g Zeus 60 min
55g bramling cross 0 min
Sg 1.056

left it to chill overnight as I couldn’t be bothered to chill it lol

pitched on some slurry from an ipa with bry97.
A lazy brew so will see how it turns out
Checked this this morning and after a very vigorous 24hrs it is down to 1.016 already. Tasted it and no apparent off flavours so will leave for a week and keg.
that was a fast one

Checked this this morning and after a very vigorous 24hrs it is down to 1.016 already. Tasted it and no apparent off flavours so will leave for a week and keg.
that was a fast one
I did a few batches last year pitching on top of a slurry being careful to go from weaker to stronger and lighter to darker. Most went 48 hours vigourously and finished-up with no issues. Just to be sure though, like you're doing I let them sit on the yeast for at least a week once the airlock stopped even though they tasted fine.
It turns out that lazy works great sometimes! athumb..

Another brew on today 😳
Had to dust off the small 30l boiler
Don’t think I have ever brewed as much in so short a time
Small batch of northern brown ale 10l
3kg pale malt
125g Crystal
50g chocolate

10g Zeus 60 min
10g fuggles 0min

changed to fuggles as the progress are not open

Last edited:
First brewday in a wee while for me today and a pleasingly routine one. The purpose of today was to try Diamond Lager yeast, and so I have, in a German style, rather sinple lager of pilsner malt and carapils, with a 10g bittering charge of Magnum to 19 IBU and 40g of Tettnang at 10 mins for flavour taking IBU to about 21, and an OG of around about 1.045.

One thing I had intended to do from my last lager where I was otherwise pleased with everythi g including the W34/70 yeast, was drop the ABV doen a touch, so this one will likely come out below 5% and thats just fine.

Brewed a raw west coast IPA

5kg Maris otter
600g Vienna
200g caragold
20g magnum in the mash

Mashed at 67 then mash out at 77. Sparged and held temp at 77. Added 40g each of Amarillo and Simcoe.

OG 1.056
Yeast is San Diego super yeast

No chill. Really easy brew day. I plan to dry hop with 60g Amarillo, 40g Simcoe and 50g if Citra

Brewed a raw west coast IPA

5kg Maris otter
600g Vienna
200g caragold
20g magnum in the mash

Mashed at 67 then mash out at 77. Sparged and held temp at 77. Added 40g each of Amarillo and Simcoe.

OG 1.056
Yeast is San Diego super yeast

No chill. Really easy brew day. I plan to dry hop with 60g Amarillo, 40g Simcoe and 50g if Citra
Did you do a boil ?

No boil no chill. I just kegged a hazy last night to see how that goes using the same method. Next raw beer with be a Belgian Wit
Pushing the limits.
im brewing again tomorrow but not sure what yet. I’ve pilsner malt some pale malt and Maris otter as well as a load of crystal malt and some rye malt and some roasted malts (still have to sort you for them ) might do some sort of Belgian imperial pilsner thing.

Pushing the limits.
im brewing again tomorrow but not sure what yet. I’ve pilsner malt some pale malt and Maris otter as well as a load of crystal malt and some rye malt and some roasted malts (still have to sort you for them ) might do some sort of Belgian imperial pilsner thing.
Or any suggestions would be welcome

Latest posts

Back