What's gone wrong, me or the kit?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mate
I’m prob the most noticeable numbly out there...after 40 years brewing I still make really stupid mistakes n for all the adage ‘don’t do it twice’ my batter brain can’t get it right even if I use ‘BRIAN FOOL GUIDE’ as I have to do.
I can write a book on my mistakes but all in all as long as you learn and ENJOY IT.
If you ever seen my pic on my threads ‘KNOB OF THE WEEK’ I should change it to knob of the century
Upwards n onwards my mate.
Bri

Sounds like its pretty much done. If its still a bit cloudy move the FV into the coldest place you have for a couple of days and this will help to clear it. Then bottle it

Not sure why this bit didn't post but.....do I have an infection?? Why does it still seem to be fermenting after 3 weeks?
1.011 is pretty close to a final gravity and it probably is, does the kit say what final gravity to expect? general guidance is to take a gravity ready when you think fermentation has finished, that could be based on time or airlock activity or both, then if the final gravity remains consistent for three consequitive days, and it's near or equal to expected final gravity then your done. Adding hops when fermentation ends can produce Co2 so airlock activity does not necessarily mean fermentation is still ongoing. Three days of a consistent final gravity is what you are looking for.

Thanks all, I'll stick it in the garage which is pretty chilly at the moment and then hopefully I'll bottle it this weekend. The kit doesn't specify a final gravity but it does say 4.6% and 1048-1011.5 gives me 4.7% so I'd agree that it's done too, I just wanted you guys to agree!

Probably just out-gassing. CO2 will come out of solution and build up pressure. The warmer it gets the more it will out-gas.

It's done, bottle it.

Latest posts

Back