Will you be downloading the Government track & trace app?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you be downloading the Goverment track & trace app if and when it becomes available

• Yes, I will be downloading the app

Votes: 31 43.1%
  • No, I wont be downloading the app

Votes: 37 51.4%
  • I dont have a smart phone

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters

MyQul

Chairman of the Bored
Reaction score
The Government are just about to trial the C-19 track & trace app on the Isle of Wight. If it becomes nationally available, will you be downloading it?

I dont have a smart phone but if I did I wouldnt download the app. Governments in general just dont seem to be very good at these big IT projects. Plus it seems Serco & G4S will be handling the project. Serco were fined nearly £20m for a prisoner tagging balls up. G4S ballsed up the security at the olympics. I dont think I'd want to give my data to companies like that

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-tracing-serco-g4s-private-firm-a9497371.html

Plus how long before somebody logs themselves as having symptoms, just for a laugh!

I dont think I'd want to give my data to companies like that

To be honest i don't have anything on my phone that i would worry about if the worst case scenario happened and their security wasn't up to the job, if i used my phone for banking as many do i probably wouldn't use the app having said that i probably wouldn't use most apps that most people use every day without giving security a second thought.

Plus how long before somebody logs themselves as having symptoms, just for a laugh!

I think they will have already thought about this, If you log you have symptoms you have to get tested if you didn't turn up i am sure it'll be flagged up somewhere.

To be honest i don't have anything on my phone that i would worry about if the worst case scenario happened and their security wasn't up to the job, if i used my phone for banking as many do i probably wouldn't use the app having said that i probably wouldn't use most apps that most people use every day without giving security a second thought.

Whilst I dont particularly care who knows what Im interested in buying on the internet. Im a lot more wary about giving medical data away about myself. Particularly to companies that have shown themselves to be unscrupulous

How would you do this?

Whilst many people dont care about giving away everything about themselves, some people (like me) are more wary, so I would say you need to inspire confidence in those people. Using companies like G4S & Serco doesnt inspire confidence. So for a start I'd use different companies.

The other thing Im wondering is, (I'm not sure about this so perhaps someone who knows more can chip in), doesnt a certain percentage of the population have to download the app for the whole project to work?

No. Don’t trust them with my data and it’ll show all my unnecessary trips out!

Yes I will use the app. Need to do everything we can to get to some kind of normal, whatever that might be. I’m pretty sure the other apps on my phone are more intrusive than this new one.

If it means I can get to the pub quicker sign me up! For the social more than the beer though. I appear to making some reasonably drinkable beer at the moment 🤣

Won't download the app seems too much like big brother. What happens if you have been near a stranger who has said they have symptoms (genuine or done as joke) are you then expected to self isolate for 14 days when you have not got the disease. Some idiots will say they have it for fun. Remember if they have informed you you maybe affected they will be able to track your movements.

I don't have a Smart phone, yet. If I did, no way would I download an App like this, any more than I would buy a "Lexa" to spy on me.

Back