Yeast compatability

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevic

Reaction score
I have now brewed 8-9 kits and have enjoyed drinking them all, some more than others. My problem is i only have enough room to store one full brew in bottles and one in a keg though both brew are mainly not fit to drink at the same time although they may overlap at the end/start of one batch. It would be nice to have a couple of different pints each time i have a drink.

I have inherited a couple 15ltr FV so i was thinking buying 2x2 can kits and brewing 1 can in each FV at the same time then brew the other 2 shortly after. One will definitely be St Peters Ruby and the other will more than likely be Muntons Old English Bitter.

Rather than opening both of the yeasts, using half of each packet and trying to store the remainder in good condition for a few weeks would either of the yeast used in both 20pt brews make any significant difference to either brew.

I don't see why there would be any problem with using the yeast like that. You may find that the 2 batches have a slightly different taste or take more or less time, but that's part of the fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An alternative you could think about might be to collect the yeast slurry from the FV in a sterilised jar after bottling and keep it in the fridge. Then pitch it back into your second cans brew when it is time. That way you can keep to the intended yeasts.

Latest posts

Back