AG#1 and new taps..!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewDan

Landlord.
Reaction score
Well today I came home to find I had four new dalex taps, 2 standard, one with a sparker and the fourth with flow control.

I thought id give them a quick go to see what they are like, result of this in one word....fantastic, so much better than my chrome tap that fits direct to the keg. No foam, just a perfect pour and no dripping at the end. I then moved onto the flow control tap, stuck the sparkler on it and poured a pint to see how it worked....end result, looked picture perfect, nice foamy head on the pint, so I am sold on these taps, and now I have an excuse to keep two spare fridges and possibly buy a fourth keg!

As for what I was pouring, it was my Irish stout, my first attempt at an all grain that I put down on Christmas eve (still young I know, how the heck is it already drinkable?!). I have to say, even with the silly mistakes I made and the fact it didn't ferment right out... this is BRILLIANT, by far the best brew I have made, I would even go as far as saying its the sort of thing I could see myself enjoying at a beer festival, and its better than the Guinness I have drank at my local! for those thinking of going all grain, if you have the time/space etc, do it!!

Overall, I am over the moon with my taps, and very very pleasantly surprised with my first all grain, I look forward to seeing what its like next month. Whats the best temp to store this at? I was going to stick it in a fridge and set it to 12c

Can't wait to get AG#2 going, and get these taps installed on my keggerator!

Cheers all :thumb:

Yes it is good ain't it , i'm glad it turned out good (maybe great) , the lower a beer is stored the longer it will keep (like 2/5c ) but for drinking yeah 12c is ideal , i'm interested in your taps i may have to look into them :thumb:

gurady5u.jpg
Very pleased, photo of the stout in question

Back