Air friers and the like

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ninja foodie max 1kg of wings 12mins
12C542A7-3382-40BA-BD00-157EEDDCBB98.jpeg
365A782F-3011-49B3-A66C-5AF59B2499C6.jpeg

Currently, I'm a happy owner of Ninja AF101 Air Fryer, which is a real lifeline on busy days. Due to a variety of functions, daily cooking takes less time, and I can enjoy time with family.
My favorite dish is air fryer potatoes and chicken wings with cherry tomatoes. I mix baby potatoes with cheese, olive oil, fresh parsley, butter, and seasoning in a bowl and let them stay in the fridge for 1 hour. Meanwhile, I put the chicken wings and cherry potatoes in the air fryer for not more than 40 minutes.
The best part about Air Fryers is once you are done with cooking, you don't have to clean the whole kicthen.

Last edited:
Definitely going to get one of these - probably the Ninja AF300 or AF400 as I think the dual zone would be very useful at times. Clearly been a big run on them though - so many places out of stock and sellers on Amazon asking for crazy money for some of the models. Will wait until it settles down a bit but people have clearly got the message about these products saving energy.

The AF400 is the best thing I ever bought. I have a Cosori as well, and by comparison, it's absolute garbage.

I need to measure up. People say unless you do that, you don't really realise how big some of these models are! I'm lucky enough to have a big kitchen, but even so, it needs to sit somewhere and not dominate - especially as we have a large range cooker with two ovens that I suspect we'll be using much less.

Well, I now have an air fryer, but not in the way I expected. Was with my son at the weekend and I mentioned air fryers. He said to take his as neither him or his partner have ever used it, so it just sits there taking up space in the kitchen. It came from Aldi so is not a Ninja quality appliance, but it will at least give me an idea of how it works and whether I like it or not. Will probably make tonight's dinner with it, without having a clue what I'm actually doing.

It came from Aldi so is not a Ninja quality appliance, but it will at least give me an idea of how it works and whether I like it or not.

Is it the one in the video?

We had something similar and we liked it so much we got the double draw version below.

She says the 200c & 15-minute pre-set when you turn it on is ideal for pre heat it really doesn't need more than a couple of minutes to get to temperature.

1664293667602.png

We had something similar and we liked it so much we got the double draw version below.

She says the 200c & 15-minute pre-set when you turn it on is ideal for pre heat it really doesn't need more than a couple of minutes to get to temperature.

View attachment 75564

Do chips really work in it piled up like that?

View attachment 75564

No, but it looks similar. The brand name on mine is Uten.

I decided to do fish on roasted vegetables tonight. The problem is, using it for the first time, I wasn't sure how to do it all in the air fryer. Maybe that's where the dual zone fryers come in? I did all of the veg in the basket - potatoes, tomatoes, mushrooms, courgette, onion and pepper, all sprayed with a bit of oil and then added herbs and seasoned it. It only took 12 minutes and everything was cooked really well. I tried to chop everything to roughly the same size which I guess helps with even cooking.

I cheated with the fish. I didn't see I could put it in with the veg, so grilled it, but as I become more proficient, I'm sure I'll get the hang of doing complete meals in the fryer.

The bottom line is that it tasted great!

My parents got an air frying pan years ago,Found it rusting in the garage when i had the sad duty of clearing out their home.
However today's self contained units are a different story.
These mini steamers and fryers can cook delicious (and healthy food ) Well worth the investment.

Got a Ninja 9-in-one large size jobbie as a Xmas present. Brilliant device, used all its functions with mostly great results. Took great care of it.

15 months later, the convection fan went pop (literally) - out of warranty. Contacted Ninja to get it repaired, expecting I could pay for it. Turns out there is no repair service available at all, and you also can't purchase replacement parts. They presumably expect you to throw away a £200 device and buy a new one. Google and you'll find lots of similar experiences for other people.

So now my favourite ever kitchen gadget can't be used for the thing I used it most for. The other functions do still work (pressure cooker, slow cooker, sear/saute, etc) but not the oven or air fryer functions.

Sorry, can't recommend Ninja devices to anyone.

I decided to do fish on roasted vegetables tonight. The problem is, using it for the first time, I wasn't sure how to do it all in the air fryer. Maybe that's where the dual zone fryers come in? I
We used to do the chips or wedges first then the meat then put the chips back in to warm them meaning they stay crisp on the outside unlike when you warm food using microwave, we used to do the veg in the microwave as its usually frozen from the freezer and timing it to finish when everything is ready, the Tower XL we had before the two drawer fryer was brilliant and we used it regularly for more than two years and it's still working at a friend's house, we were attracted to the dual drawer fryer simply because it can cook two things at the same time and stop cooking both at the same time even if both need different temperatures and times.

Last edited:
Got a Ninja 9-in-one large size jobbie as a Xmas present. Brilliant device, used all its functions with mostly great results. Took great care of it.

15 months later, the convection fan went pop (literally) - out of warranty. Contacted Ninja to get it repaired, expecting I could pay for it. Turns out there is no repair service available at all, and you also can't purchase replacement parts. They presumably expect you to throw away a £200 device and buy a new one. Google and you'll find lots of similar experiences for other people.

So now my favourite ever kitchen gadget can't be used for the thing I used it most for. The other functions do still work (pressure cooker, slow cooker, sear/saute, etc) but not the oven or air fryer functions.

Sorry, can't recommend Ninja devices to anyone.
Most electronics these days aren't repairable. Cost more to make individual parts than buy new.

Latest posts

Back