Beermkr all in one system - Thoughts?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you guys are missing the point. If it works as advertised it would allow a completely hassle free way to brew experimental batches of 4 litres.

If they work then scale them up to your usual system. If they don’t youve only wasted 4 litres not 20 litres, and none of your time. There isn’t even any sanitising to do. Key phrase here if it works as advertised though.
The problem is you can't scale a recipe from it the hops are not normal hops and just the way it works your not likely to get the same beer anyway, plus there no control on the mash temp. so you can't experiment much anyway. You would do better brewing a no hop batch and add hop oils to experiment.
Also do you have to drink the previous batch before you do another?

My biggest issue is that they claim they've "tested extensively" and found that it doesn't require the boiling stage. The commercial breweries are gonna be thrilled when they find out they don't have to boil any more, think of the energy savings!

The problem is you can't scale a recipe from it the hops are not normal hops and just the way it works your not likely to get the same beer anyway, plus there no control on the mash temp. so you can't experiment much anyway. You would do better brewing a no hop batch and add hop oils to experiment.
Also do you have to drink the previous batch before you do another?

Steam hops are designed to replicate regular hops so i think it will give you a good idea- you can also experiment fully with grain bill, dry hops yeasts etc so there is plenty of scope for experimentation and the results will give a good idea. Should also be perfect to low oxygen brews. you can start brewing next batch a week later after current is moved to dispenser

The big caveat being if it works! as Steve alludes to above -this no boil brewing is unproven as far as i can tell.

Thing is, without the boil what kills the bacteria which is in the wort, fresh grain is full of them. Surely it needs to be above 72 degrees for a time (or whatever the pasteurization temperature is).

Mmmm, funky beer!

I think the 65C Mash is enough to pasteurise. obviously there are other benefits to the boil as well but they seem to to confident these are all covered - its all detailed on the site.

Latest posts

Back