Berkhamsted brewer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simon_W

Reaction score
Afternoon all,

I've poked my head in here a few times over the years looking for advice but felt it was time I joined up!

I've been brewing since my wife got me a starter kit in 2010. Since then I have gradually progressed to all grain which started earlier this year. I've really enjoyed the engineering side of it as much as the making and drinking of the beer.

I hope I can share some of my process solutions as much as I can gather help from more experienced brewers.

My biggest challenge in brewing is fitting it all in with family time!

Simon

welcome!

I lived in Berko for a few years, right by the station. Nice place. Went back for a night earlier in the year, Red Squirrel brewery/bottle shop is ace!

Hey Simon! I recently moved to Berkhamsted, and I'm also a brewer. Been doing it for around a year now, and just purchased a Grainfather to step up from 1 gallon batches.

I found this post after trying to find home brew shops near Berkhamsted. I usually buy online, but sometimes you just need that 1 item and you don't want to pay all that postage. Have you found any near here?

Hi Matt,

A grainfather! Nice. My set up is a bit more diy and certainly less attractive. I work in St Albans and there is a chemist/ homebrew shop there for quick buy ingredients. I've only used it for gypsum but they have a reasonable selection of bits in there. Probably the drive to St Albans and back is more than the postage cost though.

Cheers

Simon

Yeh that makes sense!

Yeh my setup used to be a DIY 1 gallon setup. I decided to go for the Grainfather because I wanted simplicity for the 5 gallon setup. It's a decent bit of kit. I just need to use it to brew now! Haven't had a chance yet!

Back