bigger hlt

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tazuk

Landlord.
Reaction score
got board of drinking at xmass as **** on telly so i thought i would build a bigger hlt :D all insolatated with extra layers of foil back rad film inc lid :D :thumb:

DSCF4952_zpsa83a93ab.jpg

DSCF4951_zps6d8c357c.jpg

DSCF4950_zps27394bad.jpg

DSCF4953_zps728e930d.jpg

That's a nice looking job, I'm starting to get Version 3 clear in my head now.

I have a reasonable size bit of plywood to reinforce the base, and the square blocks I mentioned during our chat, so the current idea is to sandwich the blocks betttween two bits of ply and run a bottom drain like yours, should reduce the dead space, and related wasted electric due to heating the 'extra' water up :)

That Tomahawk IPA is rather nice, I made the mistake of opening one for a taste session while my kid brother and cousin were around on boxing day, I don't have many full ones left now, happily the bottles survived and will be refilled with my next brew :D

Nice to meet you, if you want more of the tubs and don't mind waiting until my next run 'oop norf' give me a shout and we can upset the locals again ;) :)

lol ya i found where i put tap and hole for it was best as it is dome in centre as my last hlt was only 31 ltr :D

i have 2 layers of that rad heat refector on base and 3 on sides and a layer of that metal film with sticky back around sides and 2 layers of rad fiilm and piece of polystrine to fill lid so should hold heat ok :D :thumb:

glad you enjoy the brew :thumb:

tazuk said:
lol ya i found where i put tap and hole for it was best as it is dome in centre as my last hlt was only 31 ltr :D

i have 2 layers of that rad heat refector on base and 3 on sides and a layer of that metal film with sticky back around sides and 2 layers of rad fiilm and piece of polystrine to fill lid so should hold heat ok :D :thumb:

glad you enjoy the brew :thumb:

Not a bad idea there....

I've got to get rid of some polystyrene ceiling tiles, I've got to redecorate after the stpout attacked the ceiling ;) and using them as insulation is a better use than binning them!

This place does give me some good ideas :D

tazuk said:
ya sure is as you know top of lids quite deep :thumb: :D

all i got to do now is decide where to put probe i got a idea to make hole in lid and use a float out of a beer keg so as water goes down pt100 goes with it ie probe throuh hole then top bits out of water ;) :D :thumb:

this was the stuff on bottom and on sides

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg//lid ... date=&ar2=

Now that is a damn clever idea, I've been sliding the wire through the gap between the lid and top as the water level goes up and down :)

Latest posts

Back