Bottle washers.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flamingo

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone knows how to come by the collar washers shown in the 'pic.

They were used on the two pint Bulmer's cider bottles that are no longer used. I have about 4o bottles but unfortunately the only thing that ever needs replacing are the washers.

IMG_1672.JPG

these are what your looking for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reddiebaggie many thanks. Have placed an order for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every time i see the thread title i think of SWMBO. :laugh8:

(I better not let her see this) 😨

Last edited:
I am wondering if anyone knows where I can replace the rubber collar washers with an internal thread like the ones used on the old Bulmers cider bottles.
2 years ago I received a reply from a poster on here giving the web address of a seller which I bought some from but turning up the post/thread I see the web addy is now not shown.
Any advice appreciated.

I am wondering if anyone knows where I can replace the rubber collar washers with an internal thread like the ones used on the old Bulmers cider bottles.
2 years ago I received a reply from a poster on here giving the web address of a seller which I bought some from but turning up the post/thread I see the web addy is now not shown.
Any advice appreciated.
Can you post a pic?

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_20180330_190910 (2).jpg
    IMG_20180330_190910 (2).jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 47
Make them yourself from a sheet of silicon would be a easy solution. You can buy washers for the Grolsch style flip top bottles off Ebay or brew shops but I think they would be slightly too small but search and see what you think
Just thought if you buy a length of rubber tubing of the right diameter you could cut them from that

Make them yourself from a sheet of silicon would be a easy solution. You can buy washers for the Grolsch style flip top bottles off Ebay or brew shops but I think they would be slightly too small but search and see what you think
Just thought if you buy a length of rubber tubing of the right diameter you could cut them from that
Yes good idea as an alternative solution, but the ones I bought online were perfect so would like go down that route again. But will certainly bear your advice in mind as a plan B.

Yes will do but must first hold on in case anyone knows of the website that was previously mentioned or any other that stocks the washers.

The original post on which held the web addy sought after was posted on this thread on April 4th 2018.

The original post on which held the web addy sought after was posted on this thread on April 4th 2018.
A question for Staff or Mods.
Would it be possible for me to recover a post in this thread relating to the above posted on 4th April 2018?

Hi Chippy,
Yep that's the one I was looking for.

You are, without doubt, both a gentleman and a scholar. But then again, I should'nt expect anything less from someone who hails from the Furness peninsula. :hat:

Many thanks.

Back