Bottling beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pantat

Reaction score
Is there a piece of brewing equipment that can help to bottle beer? I use a syphon tube with a small tap fitted, but it takes ages and the beer goes everywhere as well as in the bottle! Any tips or advice would be much appreciated. Pantat.

Thanks for the quick reply. Are these ‘wands’ available from Homebrew suppliers?

image.jpeg

The one I have is a 'Little bottler', same as pic in Cheshire Cats post. Needed a bit of larger bore tubing to fit on FV tap, but works very well.

I use the wand part of the little bottler in the end of my Syphon tube as I don't have a tap and didn't want to drill a hole to fit the one that comes with it it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

thats a handy bit of kit, I'm about to start brewing again and collecting/replacing kit.
My fermenting bin lid has a small split in the top, I was thinking of repairing it and drilling the small vent hole out to accept a grommet since I can't find the other lid.
Although reading this i may buy a new FV , the ones with the smaller cap type lid but no tap, and use the old one for decanting and carbonation before bottling.

I've never done this in the past, lazy I've just waited until fermenting stopped rather than checking with a hydrometer, (can't see it or it won't float lol)
Syphoned it straight into a PB without additives, and drank about a month later :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As far as I'm aware David Heath is a member for this forum, if u wanted to reach out to him.

Does anybody know of a Home brew supplier who stock the bottling ‘wand’?

Back