Brewferm kettles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben034

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have experience of these Brewferm kettles? I currently BIAB in a 19l pot on an induction hob. The pot and has served me well over he last 5 years but is a little small for the 10/12l I like to brew as I have to complete a "mini sparge." It's not the end of the world but I would prefer a more efficient system given that I use BIAB method.

It also has a ball valve whichwould be another bonus (and help justify the price tag!) as I currently syphon from the kettle to fermenter which can sometimes be a bit of a faff.

Thanks

Last edited:
WOW!

I have no experience of this bit of kit because, for me, the valve and the £75 price difference don't quite add up to making it better than this 25 litre stock-pot ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25-30-35...DEEP-STOCKPOT-BOILING-CASSEROLE-/172598504160

... and this syphon and filter ...

Copper Syphon Tube.jpg

... because £75 will buy me a lot of "faff"! :eek:

PS €1.10 = £1.00

Unfortunately it states not suitable for induction cookers so wouldn't work for me. The 19l stock pot I bought 5 years ago which worked with induction was at least £60 and sizes larger than this were considerably more expensive (not hat I have found a 25l stock pot that is suitable for induction).

I also use a syphon but would be prepared to spend more on a kettle with tap to speed up the last few parts of a brew day.

The cheap pots are really have a thin base normally which are fine, but don't distribute the heat as well as the the thicker bases leading to uneven heating.

Maybe give brewbuilder a call and see what he can do?

Yup, Speak to Mark @ Brewbuilder? I love my 50l triclamp pot + Ind compatible!!!
Now planning a 200l version main problem is designing supports to maintain buffalo contact with the base, but keep the 200kg weight of it.
Then planning to use a supplementary 6kw vat heater for the boil. http://processheatingservices.com/vat-heaters/
Getting a SS mesh basket big egnough is a challenge,,,,,

Latest posts

Back