Brewlabs Yeastslopes TVII & Burton

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guyb

Regular.
Reaction score
Just ordered two yeast slopes from Brewlabs, I have to say that I spent a good 15 mins on the phone with the lab manager, most helpful - I went for a Thames Valley II and a Burton Ale Yeast.

This will be my first venture into non dried yeast with my first venture into AG.

I was going to use the TVII in a Flowers Original AG from the Graham Wheeler book - would this be a good choice?

The lab manager even offered to make me a starter gratis!! :thumb:

Using brewlabs TV3 at the moment, split it a few ways and have brewed a few which are now conditioning. They have all fermented really well, a true top cropper. As I type I'm drinking the 1st brew and have to say I'm impressed, a very clean taste, looking forward to the next few batches.

Used tv2 when I did a old hooky clone. The sulphur smell was unreal so don't think the brew is wrecked it's just the yeast. :)

I've used Brewlab TV2 in a strong mild, it's now 6 months old and has a great fruity taste with a hint of liquorice. I'm just fermenting a stout with TV2 which I'll then put away for 6 months.

So I think you'll get a nice fruity taste from the TV2 :thumb:

Back