Brewmaker Best of British Yorkshire Bitter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started one of these on 27th of December. Poured warmed concentrate into stock pan then filled empty can with boiling water & added to pan along with 250g light brown sugar. Simmered for 5 mins then chucked into FV along with 850g dextrose & 250g brown sugar.

SG of 1042.

Racked on 11/01 @ 1006

Barreled on 16/01, batch primed with 85g brown sugar.

FG was 1006 giving about 4.8%, stronger than expected.

Early samples are not unpleasant, nice body & head retention but, as others have said, very bland.

The last two BOB kits I have had have got stuck at 1020. The Yorkshire bitter ended up getting bottled at that point as I didn't notice it until the bottling was well under way. With this one I was racking when the test showed that it was at 1020 too so I ended up racking back to the yeast and re stirring in the hope that it would re-start and I moved it from under the stairs as that might be an issue with the temp, although a Wilko lager I did there was perfect. I only hope that the move from and back to the yeast via the bottling bucket hasn't introduced any nasties.

Back