Brewuk website "down for maintenance"

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered a part for my Braumeister back in January. No confirmation email but could see my order when I logged into their website, they also took the money from my card. A week or two went by so I emailed them, no reply (apart from the automated ****). So phoned a few times (answerphone), but eventually got to speak to a human. He couldn’t tell me why I didn’t receive an order confirmation or why no one replied to my support request email. He couldn’t give me a definite delivery date as the part was coming from Germany, fair enough. End of February, emailed for an order update, no reply. This week, I thought I would ring, website down for maintenance and just voicemail on the phone. Hope they haven’t gone belly up but if I was a betting man..............
My credit card have given me a refund (chargeback, I assume).

After receiving several telephone calls, emails and customer visits, we feel we should clarify the situation regarding Dark Revolution and BrewUK as there appears to be a lot of miscommunication and miss understanding about ownership of the two companies.

BrewUK was setup in 2008 by Greg Hughes and his then wife Tanya Hughes. Dark Revolution was setup in 2015 under the same ownership.

Greg and Tanya separated in 2018 and following a lengthy divorce Tanya purchased Greg’s shares in BrewUK and Greg subsequently purchased Tanya’s shares in Dark Revolution. Sarah Hughes (Greg’s wife) is also a share holder and director in Dark Revolution.

Greg, Sarah and Dark Revolution have no interest or links to BrewUK and have not been involved in the company for a number of years. Greg does have charge over assets at BrewUK as he is still owed a considerable amount of money for his shares which is due to be paid in quarterly instalments over the next year.

We do not know what the current situation is regarding the future of BrewUK. The warehouse and website have been closed for several weeks so it would appear to have stopped trading although there has been no confirmation of this from anyone at BrewUK.

We are sorry if you are owed money by BrewUK. Hopefully more details about the future of the business will be released soon and there may be hope of recovering this. We are also owed a lot of money so totally appreciate how frustrating the current situation is but unfortunately, we are as much in the dark as everyone else.

Regards

Greg and Sarah, Dark Revolution Brewery

im unsure which disks to go for, id rather have the same size as originals, but from the bac site..

The filter disc with 0.9 holes is slightly smaller than the original.

The filter disk with 1.5 holes is slightly larger than the original

Both those statements can be true. If 0.9 is slightly smaller than the origionals then 1.5 has to be more than slighter bigger. what ones did you go for? any ideas what the originals are? i may just order them from. spiedal.
I bought the bac brewing larger ones for my BM20.

Brilliant. After a few years they still look new.

I won't consider the riveted ones. How do you clean them? And they are much more expensive.

I bought the bac brewing larger ones for my BM20.

Brilliant. After a few years they still look new.

I won't consider the riveted ones. How do you clean them? And they are much more expensive.
Good to know, so thats the 1.5. I didn’t see the riveted option ones? Also what’s TFR? hot water generally works and so times PBW. At least before I put them in the dishwasher!

A bit sad to see BrewUK go - I first started using them 11 years ago in 2012 with their "Way To Amarillo" Extract recipe pack and did a load of these before moving onto AG, as did a few of my brewing mates: they were always top-notch. I also regularly brew recipes from Gregg's recipe book, hadn't realised he was no longer involved but good to see he now has his own brewery.

A bit sad to see BrewUK go - I first started using them 11 years ago in 2012 with their "Way To Amarillo" Extract recipe pack and did a load of these before moving onto AG, as did a few of my brewing mates: they were always top-notch. I also regularly brew recipes from Gregg's recipe book, hadn't realised he was no longer involved but good to see he now has his own brewery.
All of the Dark Revolution AG kits I got from BrewUK were top notch. I'm glad I stocked up on a few just before BrewUK went under.
I would be really happy to see Dark Revolution AG kits available elsewhere.

All of the Dark Revolution AG kits I got from BrewUK were top notch. I'm glad I stocked up on a few just before BrewUK went under.
I would be really happy to see Dark Revolution AG kits available elsewhere.
Try contacting Gregg. He may be willing to share his recipe with you or other suppliers if his previous outlet is no longer in business

Just got the "Notice of proposed creditors voluntary liquidation" for Brew UK in the post.

Turns out, since they owe me a 1 kg bag of malt, I'm a creditor. Considering the lawyers are taking the time and trouble to follow-up on such small amounts, I'm guessing they're not being paid with smack-packs.

Just got the "Notice of proposed creditors voluntary liquidation" for Brew UK in the post.

Turns out, since they owe me a 1 kg bag of malt, I'm a creditor. Considering the lawyers are taking the time and trouble to follow-up on such small amounts, I'm guessing they're not being paid with smack-packs.
Got the same letter, that's my yeast pack that will never arrive. Bastards. Why take money if you can't fulfil the orders.

I was also surprised at the letter as they owe me a pittance in a less obvious way for a partly delivered order. They do note that it’s better to resolve through the bank though.

Any news on brew uk? Came back from long holiday in NZ and find my go to home brew supplier is off the radar. Had my last delivery feb 23rd . Always wonderful service and never had any dramas. Companies House has Mr Hughes resigning as director. Mrs H still there as director. I hope marital disharmony won't go towards ruining a great company. Any updates please keep us all informed. Their phone number "is not recognised" either.
Thankyou fellow brewers

Latest posts

Back