CO2 in West Yorkshire

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djskinner

Reaction score
I am thinking of upgrading from my Widget World system as I find the cylinder empties too quickly and its a fair distance and cost to get a replacement.

Anyone know a cheap and reliable CO2 supplier in the West Yorkshire area?

Sounds good - I'll give them a call. How many litres of CO2 do you get for £18?

erm? about waist height! :oops: with 4 corni kegs mine has lasted 7 ish months! :thumb:

djskinner said:
Sounds good - I'll give them a call. How many litres of CO2 do you get for £18?

OK Well you get 6.35KG of gas in a cylinder, at Standard Temperature and Pressure one mole of any gas occupies 24Litres . . . One mole of CO2 weighs 44g . . so 6350 / 44 * 24 . . . which is only 3463.6L of gas

QED

Well that's pretty good since the Widget World is costing me £7 ish for 185 litres!

So assuming I buy the cylinder - what else will I need to buy to upgrade my Widget World system?

Clearly I need a regular - something like this might be a little over the top for what I need but I prefer to think of it as futureproofing! Maybe I'll get something like this but it doesn't seem vastly cheaper?

But what about all the connectors? Can I just assume everything will fit together nicely?

So I got in contact with the guys leedsbrew recommended:

"We do a 6.35kg Cylinder @ £10.15 plus VAT and a 22.6kg cylinder @ £18.50 plus VAT. There is monthly rental of £1.80 per month per cylinder. Where are you located? We do offer a local delivery service."

Does this sound like a fair deal?

I pay no rental and my last 6.35 was 21 quid plus VAT.

I have a couple of cylinders that I bought that I am attempting to get filled (Find out on Saturday if they have been refurbished or condemned) which will be 35 quid each, but that includes the hydrotest new valves and gas.

If you have no leaks a 6.35 cylinder should last you at least a year.

My last place was charging similar for rental . . . and I was paying more in rental than I did for gas :hmm: . . . I just paid an annual invoice for the rental, then went in and swapped as required.

I'd say that was a good deal . . . especially if delivery is included.

Ok so im in Lincolnshire not Yorkshire but im trying to decide between two suppliers. 1 is £25 for a 14lb bottle no upfront fee or rental charge just £25 every time I refill. 2 £60 one off fee then £18.40 per refill.

I guess it comes down to how long-term the investment is - i.e. how many years from now you will be brewing. Personally option I sounds better to me assuming they're both equidistant.

djskinner said:
So I got in contact with the guys leedsbrew recommended:

"We do a 6.35kg Cylinder @ £10.15 plus VAT and a 22.6kg cylinder @ £18.50 plus VAT. There is monthly rental of £1.80 per month per cylinder. Where are you located? We do offer a local delivery service."

Does this sound like a fair deal?

The monthly rental only aplies to the 22.6kg bottles matey, they are supplied via Air Product inc and require an account. The 6.35kg don't have a monthly deposit!

:thumb:

EDIT: I just rang them and confirmed! No rental on 6.35kg! :thumb:

NOT QUITE WEST YORKSHIRE..but close :party: I found a Guy in Rotherham who sells 6 KG Cylinders complete with CO2 for £30! He used to trade as Firelec..but now he's trading as Safron Safety.

He never used to charge for the cylinders but..now he gets charged so he has to pass it on..HOWEVER...once you buy the full Cylinder each refill is £12!!

His name is Mark and he's at Unit 11, Bolton Road, Manvers, Rotherham S63 7JY. His Mob is 07535265482. Give him a call before you go..and he will organise to meet you at his Unit!! (mention Homebrew Forum)

He says he may be able to refill your current Cylinder...BUT...You need to speak to him first to discuss the type etc.. ;)

highwayman said:
NOT QUITE WEST YORKSHIRE..but close :party: I found a Guy in Rotherham who sells 6 KG Cylinders complete with CO2 for £30! He used to trade as Firelec..but now he's trading as Safron Safety.

He never used to charge for the cylinders but..now he gets charged so he has to pass it on..HOWEVER...once you buy the full Cylinder each refill is £12!!

His name is Mark and he's at Unit 11, Bolton Road, Manvers, Rotherham S63 7JY. His Mob is 07535265482. Give him a call before you go..and he will organise to meet you at his Unit!! (mention Homebrew Forum)

He says he may be able to refill your current Cylinder...BUT...You need to speak to him first to discuss the type etc.. ;)

Is this a good price?

Anyone used him?

BarnsleyBrewer Where do you get your cylinders and refill ?

Would prefer a small 2 KILO cylinders but Norm is charging £40 for them.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CORNELIUS-KEG-CO2 ... 0635736143

It is really hard to get a supplier these days. ;) This guy will do a small one for you! Once empty he will only charge you a small price to replace. Just give him a bell and tell him what you want and he will give you a good price :thumb:

If its of any use and you don't mind traveling a little for hassle free gas, TYGAS in Bury is £13 for 6kg bottle no rental or anything just walk in pay your cash and grab a bottle on the way out.

http://www.tygas.co.uk/

Latest posts

Back