Covid the jab and the final stage.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Survey out today showing 94% of UK adults have had, or are planning to have, the vaccine when offered, which is unchanged from February. That's good news as it means people haven't been put off by the shenanigans mostly emitting from certain European leaders over the last four if weeks, who should probably know better.

God bless the sensible British public. ;)

the third wave started here and we gave it to Europe
I think you'll find that we're just coming out of the second wave rather than the post Christmas rise being a third wave it was a rekindling of the second wave due to Christmas shenanigans.
I suspect the third wave will be much lower due to vaccinations unless it's a new variant unaffected by the vaccine.

1616776016507.png

Heh, I spoke to a landlord currently expanding his street beer garden the other day. We were talking about passports for entry to his pub. I told him that they wouldn't last two weeks unless he had the unity of all pubs and bars within the area. Indeed he would be getting the middle finger from me especially if another venue was not asking for one for entry. I pointed to him, why the hell did I bother getting a vaccine which was the point and purpose of unlock and getting our freedoms back only to have to adhere on a vaccine passport upon his insistence.

People will walk to where there are least infringement on their freedoms. Indeed, given the fact all hospitality has been virtually shut for the past year. You would think they cannot be realistically so choosy. After all, Boris the Haigh Dodger said it would be down to the invidual to be so choosy. Given they are so so broke and will charge the hell out of us for the privilege of sitting in their venues or outside for that matter - so much for we are all in this together, when actually, I want my profits back and eff my punters. You would think they would be fervently welcoming their punters back in droves and be glad of the business without restrictions.

I for one will not be visiting the pub until late May, when the enthusiasm for freedoms will have waned slightly (what few they will have regained by then) - but I dunno, since I have gone BIAB and by then I will have a couple of cornies, my visits will become less frequent than ever before. I have the recipes for most of the **** they serve lawl.

There is also the loss factor. Some punters have become so desensitized to drinking at home and now prefer it due to the cheaper price of the beer and the rather obvious financial aspect that presents to their own future freedoms. Beer is way over priced. Despite the reduction in VAT and duty for the following year on beer, landlords and companies will slap on that extra few pennies for their **** ale. This will not encourage those types of people back - if anything it will see them never return. The pub landlords and beer companies will have much to learn as the floodgates of freedom reopen for their customers.

Last edited:
No passport no pint...unless you can't have a vaccine for a valid reason. So does that mean if you have an exemption you will be allowed in? It's like exemption from anything...you HAVE to comply...unless you don't have to...so,does that put all consequences on the exempt person or the owner of the premises they're visiting? Could the person's who have proof of vaccination ask for non vaccinated persons to be put in a different area or outside like evolution of smoking in pubs...? Or will the non vaccinated population be safe due to the high immunity of the greater numbers?

No passport no pint...unless you can't have a vaccine for a valid reason. So does that mean if you have an exemption you will be allowed in? It's like exemption from anything...you HAVE to comply...unless you don't have to...so,does that put all consequences on the exempt person or the owner of the premises they're visiting? Could the person's who have proof of vaccination ask for non vaccinated persons to be put in a different area or outside like evolution of smoking in pubs...? Or will the non vaccinated population be safe due to the high immunity of the greater numbers?
Yea, just bung all of the none vaccinated people in the snug like lepers etc. I don't see that working either. The whole purpose of having the vaccine is endemically voluntary. So to impose restrictions is a joke tbh.

I just hate contradictions!
Nonsenses in work...in production areas due to moving machinery you CANNOT wear jewellery such as rings...a sound idea.
UNLESS you can't remove it then you can go and see the occy nurse (?) who will then do nothing and you can then wear your ring...perhaps she casts a spell that protects you??

The government is "confident" everyone in the UK will get a second dose of the Covid vaccine within 12 weeks of their first, the culture secretary has said.
Questioned about the concerns over vaccine supply, Oliver Dowden said "we always knew there would be ups and downs" but the timetable was on track.
He told the BBC's Andrew Marr it was "essential" to provide second doses and it would not require mixing vaccines.
Meanwhile, the first Moderna jabs are due to arrive in the UK by late April.
It is the third vaccine of seven that the UK has put in an order for - and the UK is lined up to receive 17 million doses. Like the Pfizer-BioNTech and Oxford-AstraZeneca jabs which are already in use, the Moderna jab is given in two doses several weeks apart.

Full article - Covid-19: UK 'confident' of second vaccine doses within 12 weeks

One of the eldest daughters friends has tested positive (lft) so she will be isolating for 10 days. We have all done a lft and have fortunately all come back negative. We think that means eldest daughter has to isolate for 10 days but we don't.

Two households or groups of up to six people are now able to meet outside in England again as the stay-at-home Covid restrictions order comes to an end.

Outdoor sport facilities including tennis courts and golf courses have reopened, and organised outdoor sports are resuming in the latest easing.

Weddings are also on again, attended by up to six people.

But Boris Johnson has urged caution, saying cases are up in Europe and variants threaten the vaccine rollout.

"Despite today's easements, everyone must continue to stick to the rules, remember hands, face, space, and come forward for a vaccine when called," the prime minister said.

Players at Eastbourne Netball Club told the BBC they were excited to get back on the court after only a few sessions of virtual netball during lockdown.

"It's our social interaction as well as our physical wellbeing," Samantha, head coach, told Radio 4's Today programme.

England's next moment of unlocking, including that much anticipated haircut, is a fortnight away at the earliest.

Monday marks the second easing of the lockdown imposed across England in early January, after schools reopened to all pupils on 8 March.

People can now meet outside - including in private gardens - in groups of up to six, or as two households, with social distancing.

A household can include an existing support bubble.

A new slogan - Hands, Face, Space and Fresh Air - has also been unveiled by the government to emphasise the importance of ventilation in reducing the spread of the virus.

Prof Dame Anne Johnson, professor of infectious disease epidemiology at University College London, told Today: "People shouldn't mix indoors. That's going to be the biggest risk."

She said it was important to maintain social distance outside because "the longer the contact and the closer you are, the more likely [you are] to get transmission".

She added it was important "not to let up the lockdown too quickly", pointing to "significant rises" in infections in Europe.

Full article - Covid: Outdoor meet-ups and sports to resume in England

One of the eldest daughters friends has tested positive (lft) so she will be isolating for 10 days. We have all done a lft and have fortunately all come back negative. We think that means eldest daughter has to isolate for 10 days but we don't.
Yes that is correct, my boys have been sent home about 3 occasions now haveing to isolate because a school class member but only he has to isolate unless he exhibits symptoms..

I've steered well clear of this thread in general, it would though be more accurate to refer to the 'next stage' rather than 'final stage' as COVID is and will remain an ongoing issue for the considerable future and it is vital that we all continue to exercise caution and follow the guidance carefully, particularly with the limited easing of some restrictions.

Anna

Yes that is correct, my boys have been sent home about 3 occasions now haveing to isolate because a school class member but only he has to isolate unless he exhibits symptoms..
They should do what they do in the school where my wife works.
If they get a positive test, they send the child home.
Then carry on as normal, making sure not to tell any other staff members or parents that they have had a positive test result. WTF?!!!

Then carry on as normal, making sure not to tell any other staff members or parents that they have had a positive test result. WTF?!!!
Yikes! I'm pretty sure that isn't the official policy. 😳 My daughter's school were pretty hot on isolating and sending home all who could have had any significant contact with the lass who had the positive test, to be honest.

Yikes! I'm pretty sure that isn't the official policy. 😳 My daughter's school were pretty hot on isolating and sending home all who could have had any significant contact with the lass who had the positive test, to be honest.
They've been really terrible.
One of my wife's colleagues contracted it (from his wife who works in an ICU at a nearby hospital), they then went on proudly stating to anyone that would listen that they had had no cases whatsoever...
(Even though we knew of at least six students that had caught it)...
The official line from them was that anyone not at work or in class, was that they "were just taking a few days leave"!
No one working (or learning) in a school takes "a few days off" during term time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back