Covid the jab and the final stage.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had my first dose on Sunday.
As for the "No alcohol" bit, Bah! - That's why Sundays were invented.
Had a bottle of cider in the car on the way home, (obviously wasn't driving!) got changed and went to the allotment, spent 4 hours digging (didn't find any gold), with more cider as fuel.
Felt a little achy the next day, but no more or less than a usual Monday.
Arm is still a little sore at the injection site, but otherwise no unpleasant side effects...

A quick question to those that have had the first jab do you need to take anything with you i cannot find the letter i got, proof of ID etc?

You must be a Young 'un!
Good luck with it...

59 - hard to get an appointment in the local vaccination centre here they are like hens teeth, not too bad if you are willing to travel a fair distance. :(

I think you only need proof @Chippy_Tea if you are eligible for reasons other than your age (i.e. NHS employment status, etc).

Thanks, i will take my phone just in case, better safe than sorry i don't want to miss this one it took a while to get a convenient slot.

I had mine 3 weeks ago at Elland road it was the best organised system I have seen for years. No side effects and I got to kiss the feet of the Billy Bremner shrine. :laugh8:
Ps it was the AZ

A quick question to those that have had the first jab do you need to take anything with you i cannot find the letter i got, proof of ID etc?
I didn't take anything Chippy just gave them my name and they had me on their list, just take your driving license to be sure, i sure they won't turn anyone away

I think you may be right Clint as the third wave could be on the way.

19 hours ago - Coronavirus: Third wave will 'wash up on our shores', warns Johnson

Typical Johnson spin, to disguise his incompetence - the third wave started here and we gave it to Europe, it's driven by the Kent variant and relaxing "just for Christmas. Gwarn, it's only for one day, folk need to see their families".
1616662595781.png

Common sense will not prevail Chippy. It would be better to allow travel and other activities to loosen from the end of March. That way people can spend Easter with their kids, parents, grandkids etc.

Terrible idea. The graph above should tell you why, with cases spiking 12 days after Christmas Day. Even now, after 2 months of hard lockdown, we still have more reported cases than during lockdown 1 (although some of that will be a testing effect).

It might feel like we're on top of it, now is a really dangerous time - we've got a mixture of a large population without a vaccine who can maintain a large population of virus to mutate, and a large population of part-vaccinated people who can select for mutants that break the vaccine.

If you want to create a mutant that breaks the vaccine and puts us back to square 1 (or at least a long way towards it), then you open up before everyone's vaccinated.

Nobody is safe until everybody is safe.

Even now, after 2 months of hard lockdown, we still have more reported cases than during lockdown 1 (although some of that will be a testing effect).

Not even comparing the same thing anymore..

I do not disagree with your sentiment but we cannot compare the data and the data even now is a bit skewered.

Wow!
They're starting on the under 50's here...

Round my way too (Central Beds). I’m still a couple of years off my half century and got an unexpected text invite from my GP to book my vaccination on Tuesday. Went and had it done the same day. 4.40-4.50pm booking but didn’t get jabbed until 5.20, so not too long a queue ... Had a bit of a headache yesterday morning but a couple of paracetamol sorted that out and have been fine.

The working population (majority at least) and parents who have kids in schools most of them are not jabbed yet so I will sadly expect things to rise here as things unlock. Like you say we can end up keeping the virus present and mutating but it is ultimatley a global effort.

What doesn;t help is when people and leaders spread fear about vaccines and doubts.

MPs have voted to extend emergency coronavirus powers for another six months.

They backed the health secretary's call to renew "essential" emergency rules to deal with the pandemic as England moves out of lockdown.

But some Conservatives voted against the measures saying they were "out of step" with the roadmap for lifting restrictions.

Ministers say the powers will stay in place "only as long as necessary".
The Coronavirus Act came in to force in March 2020 at the start of the pandemic with ministers pledging to use the measures "when strictly necessary".

The law gave the government wide-ranging powers unlike others seen before - from shutting down pubs, through to detaining individuals deemed at risk as part of efforts to contain the spread of the virus.

MPs voted by 484 to 76 to extend it - 36 Conservative MPs rebelled, by opposing the legislation. Twenty-one Labour MPs also voted against it.

MPs agreed to extend it until the end of September as well as voting on England's roadmap out of lockdown and the continuation of virtual proceedings in the Commons.

Full article - MPs agree to extend Covid powers until September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back