Covid the jab and the final stage.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What still batters my head is people driving their cars and walking the streets on their own wearing face coverings.

I know they said the new variant was easier to catch but its not that easy to catch! :laugh8:

1626722163702.png

It was and Cheshire Cat is the last person who should be giving lectures on off topic posting.
What? I ask why someone doesn’t wear a mask and I get someone else answering. Still no answer on the mask. Can you quote examples of my going off topic.

What? I ask why someone doesn’t wear a mask and I get someone else answering.
This is the snug and as you know it happens all the time its just the way it is.

. Still no answer on the mask.
Its not compulsory to answer!

Can you quote examples of my going off topic.
Well i could but haven't time to search through 3000+ posts i will bookmark the thread and point out the next time you do it ;)

Last edited:
I hope you are all still wearing a mask using this forum? There is a little known transmission risk through Internet connected computers ... 🥳

Remarkable (and entirely off subject). I was having a discussion earlier (a dangerous face-to-face one without masks) about a quote someone here uses as a signature and found an image with it that follows below. And a few hours later the person with the signature (@BarnBrian ) "likes" my last post!

Maybe transmission of Covid on the Internet isn't so daft?

WhenYouAreDead.JPG

BTW: I deny all suggestions that I'm stupid!

(Or dead?).

Will you still wear a mask in shops and crowded places?

Yes, and have done so today. In my view it’s a common courtesy to your fellow human beings.

I view the not wearing of masks by someone who isn’t exempt is a completely selfish act.

I do my best to avoid them like the plague, sorry COVID ridden individuals.

Will you still wear a mask in shops and crowded places?
I haven't paid much, if any, attention to what people can or can't do here. I do know that those fully vaccinated don't have to wear masks in public. My wife has been fully vaccinated for months and I just got my first shot today. We've both been wearing masks in public places. I don't have hardly any contact with group settings anyway.
Since my wife has been keeping tabs of Michigan rules and is intelligent, I just go by her actions.

BBC NEWS -

Nurses and other NHS workers in England have been offered a 3% pay rise by government 'in recognition of unique impact of the pandemic' on staff.
It comes after heavily criticised proposals made by the Department for Health and Social Care in March said only a rise of 1% was affordable.
But some health unions opposed the new figure saying it does not reflect the sacrifices made by staff.
They point out the NHS workforce has been under unprecedented pressure.
The rise in pay for healthcare workers follows a public sector pay freeze for 2021-22, announced by the government in November, with exceptions made for those on salaries under £24,000 and NHS staff.
The 3% pay rise is for most NHS staff including nurses, paramedics, consultants, dentists and salaried GPs and is backdated to April 2021.
According to government calculations for the average nurse, this will mean an additional £1,000 a year, while many porters and cleaners will receive around £540.
'Extraordinary efforts'
Health and Social Care Secretary Sajid Javid said: "NHS staff are rightly receiving a pay rise this year despite the wider public sector pay pause, in recognition of their extraordinary efforts.
"We will back the NHS as we focus our efforts on getting through this pandemic and tackling the backlog of other health problems that has built up."
NHS pay rises are negotiated by independent pay-review bodies that look at evidence from a range of groups before making recommendations to the government.
The pay rise does not include doctors and dentists in training who have their own separate contracts.
In making the final decision the government will have factored in the impact of the pandemic on both the economy and the NHS.
Currently almost half the NHS's budget goes on staffing costs - a total of £56.1bn.
'Immense sacrifices'
Unite national officer for health Colenzo Jarrett-Thorpe said: "If the pay-review body is recommending a 3% pay rise, it is a small step forward on the insulting 1% the government offered in March.
"However, this recommendation in no way recognises the 19% drop in real earnings that many NHS workers have endured in the last decade, nor the immense sacrifices that health staff have and are continuing to make as Covid infection rates rapidly rise again."
In theory, the pay-review bodies make recommendations for NHS staff across the UK - but it is up to the individual UK nations to decide whether to accept them.
In Scotland, most NHS staff have already been offered a 4% pay rise (backdated to December 2020). This follows a one-off Covid payment for health and social care staff of £500.

Not read in detail but skim read this article from the Grauniad.

Ministers force NHS England to cover part of 3% staff pay rise (yahoo.com)

Robbing Peter to pay Paul. No great shock to find the pay rise is not being fully funded by UK Gov (and I know that means taxpayers ultimately) but taken out of the annual budget for NHS trusts. The extra £500m needed to bridge the gap from NHS funding probably small beer compared the overall cost, but just another example of how this lot operate. No doubt the well worn phrases like 'finding extra efficiency savings...' and 'historic levels of funding...' will shortly be heard

Which even when it does works out at about 1%

Not true - the adult minimum wage is up 50% in the last 10 years, from £5.93 to £8.91, equivalent to 4.2% per year. Inflation has been something like 2.7%/year over that time, so that's quite a significant amount over inflation. Compared to other people, folk on minimum wage have done relatively well, although some of it has been taken back in benefit changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back