Covid the jab and the final stage.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1613324670975.png

I know someone in London, under 40 with no health issues and has had an appointment for a jab. Perhaps because they have celebrity status?
Was this an advance appointment or could they have been offered it to use up jabs before they expire? Do they have a job that could be relevant to it? ie my sister 41 has been offered a jab as she works in care (though not an appointment she has to use an app which rarely has appointments available at all an when it does there miles away).

I know someone in London, under 40 with no health issues and has had an appointment for a jab. Perhaps because they have celebrity status?

Just as a general comment, London does seem to be 1-2 groups ahead of many other parts of the country - and whilst it's tempting to attribute that to "because it's London", I suspect it's more to do with the fact that it has better medical infrastructure to start with, and there may be an element of prioritising areas that were being worst hit in the January wave, which hit London particularly badly.

But on the face of it, under 40's shouldn't be getting it unless they are in a risk group (which may not be obvious), or they're working with vulnerable groups, or were one of those who got lucky with "we have a bit of vaccine left over, give us your arm".

Just as a general comment, London does seem to be 1-2 groups ahead of many other parts of the country - and whilst it's tempting to attribute that to "because it's London", I suspect it's more to do with the fact that it has better medical infrastructure to start with, and there may be an element of prioritising areas that were being worst hit in the January wave, which hit London particularly badly.

But on the face of it, under 40's shouldn't be getting it unless they are in a risk group (which may not be obvious), or they're working with vulnerable groups, or were one of those who got lucky with "we have a bit of vaccine left over, give us your arm".
This person doesn't fall into any of those groups and doesn't know why they were invited.

Was this an advance appointment or could they have been offered it to use up jabs before they expire? Do they have a job that could be relevant to it? ie my sister 41 has been offered a jab as she works in care (though not an appointment she has to use an app which rarely has appointments available at all an when it does there miles away).

Advance appointment via their gp. They don't work, bit of modelling and property, so nothing that should enhance their status

Maybe they just happen to h
Advance appointment via their gp. They don't work, bit of modelling and property, so nothing that should enhance their status
Maybe they have exactly the same name as some other poor sod who's 80 and wondering why they haven't been called yet.

This person doesn't fall into any of those groups and doesn't know why they were invited.

My daughter has a friend who is working in admin at one of the vaccination centres. Once the vaccine is taken out of the freezers it has a very limited life and towards the end of the day they work out what they have surplus and there is a mad rush to get people from the same or the next category in but the bottom line is they don't want to throw any out so the last few may be quite random.

Im 55 and have just had a call from my GP surgery booking me in for my first jab on Saturday. I have a really bad needle phobia but got really excited about it. Will be a different story on Saturday I suppose. Best get a brew on that morning to keep my mind off of it.

I wish mine would call i haven't a clue when i might finally get mine..
I felt quite bad accepting it to be honest. Particularly as I was reading some local 65 year olds are being offered appointments miles away, some as far as east London and Kent and I have mine at a clinic just ten minutes walk away.

Im 55 and have just had a call from my GP surgery booking me in for my first jab on Saturday. I have a really bad needle phobia but got really excited about it. Will be a different story on Saturday I suppose. Best get a brew on that morning to keep my mind off of it.
Hi Markk, trust me you won't feel a thing and i am not taking the **** it's done and over less than 10 seconds, now get that brew planned acheers.

Hi Markk, trust me you won't feel a thing and i am not taking the **** it's done and over less than 10 seconds, now get that brew planned acheers.

Thank you. I know, Its just me, I’m pathetic 😳. I have to have annual blood tests and get myself in such a state beforehand. I have to go to the doctors surgery for them instead of the clinic so I can be laying down and don’t have as far to fall when I pass out 🙄

My daughter has a friend who is working in admin at one of the vaccination centres. Once the vaccine is taken out of the freezers it has a very limited life and towards the end of the day they work out what they have surplus and there is a mad rush to get people from the same or the next category in but the bottom line is they don't want to throw any out so the last few may be quite random.
But sent a pre-arranged appointment for a weeks time?

I fall into the next lot of categories due to a heart condition. I do think my surgery will miss me out due to being not your typically aged heart patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back