Covid.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think its time for the government to bring back mask wearing where necessary?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't expect that there are any Doctors or nurses with asthma! In fact the incidence is the same for asthma whether you are general population or not and they seem to cope with a mask.
Much like the introduction of seatbelts and crash helmets many complained. You'd have managed fine and in fact keeping a mask on might have reduced your irritant exposure and made your asthma better!

I meant i would have struggled to wear one because of my asthma (as discussed below) the good news is it looks like i would not have been made to wear one.

Is it safe for people with asthma to wear a face mask?

Most people with asthma, even if it’s severe, can manage to wear a face mask for a short period of time. Wearing a mask does not reduce a person’s oxygen supply, or cause a build-up of carbon dioxide.

However, if you, or your child, find it impossible to wear a face mask because it affects your breathing, or for other physical or mental health reasons, you do not have to wear one, even in situations where face coverings are still legally required.

If you’re worried about wearing a face covering, you might find it useful to read these tips from Bupa on coping with face mask anxiety.

https://www.asthma.org.uk/advice/tr...ar-a-face-mask-or-face-covering/#asthmaexempt

I have found too many people with ‘health excuses’ who wouldn’t wear masks.
Where did you find all these people with "Health excuses" did you ask everyone you saw without a mask the reason they were exempt?

I think they are all excuses.
If there were bullets flying they'd all put on an uncomfortable helmet and flak jacket.
I assume you have never had asthma or any other respiratory problem as if you had you would never have posted such utter ********

If that is the case then just tell us honestly, because I understand the R value of covid is much higher than the other infections going round which means a mask is more likely to help stop those than covid.
Lots of doctors etc are calling for them to be worn again to prevent against “ coronavirus influenza and rsv “ as these types of virus spread by breathing or coughing.
Not sure of the r value being higher but as stated above somewhere how would they know the true value of no one was testing anymore and putting symptoms down to rsv or flu ?
I’ve had a cough along with flu symptoms for 2 weeks at least and it’s been through all 6 of us in the house not 1 tested positive for covid. And 2 got proper tests done in the hospitals they work in.

Where did you find all these people with "Health excuses" did you ask everyone you saw without a mask the reason they were exempt?
I did yes, because I was working in the vaccine clinics. I’m not saying there aren’t people out there with very good reasons for not wearing a mask and on most occasions, you could tell quite easily. However, there were many who almost came up with reasons on the spot, when asked why they couldn’t wear a mask, and as we were also vaccinating immune suppressed people, we had a duty to them to check.

media%2FFlok_VeXgAA71r1.jpg

Nothing will persuade you DD 😂

Science will. Real science, not the stuff you and your ilk peddle. Honestly though, if you want to be taken seriously then take a look at the sort of stuff you're reading. That last image you posted is embarrassing for someone who clearly wants to engage with complex issues.

Medical mask pore diametre. Seriously?

Science will. Real science, not the stuff you and your ilk peddle. Honestly though, if you want to be taken seriously then take a look at the sort of stuff you're reading. That last image you posted is embarrassing for someone who clearly wants to engage with complex issues.

Medical mask pore diametre. Seriously?
So we have 2 facts on that graphic? - Is that correct?

What I don't understand is if when a cough or sneeze occurs pure virus particles come out at 1 micron or if it's carried/transported on phlem or droplets which might be bigger than 19 microns.

the mask may also be multi layered so the holes in the mask may not line up. - swiss cheese again.

So if the 2 numbers above are facts it would also demonstrate you need additional knowledge to apply the correct conclusion.

I assume you have never had asthma or any other respiratory problem as if you had you would never have posted such utter ********
I have treated many people with asthma and other respiratory illnesses.
Japanese asthmatics cope with masks so do doctors and nurses.
If your respiratory function is so compromised by your asthma optimise your treatment and avoid people.
Do use your oxygen to aerate your wort.

Back