FFS

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
A stupid presenter on 5 live keeps welcoming every presenter with "Happy Christmas eve eve" aheadbutt

Most evenings I don't even check what's on BBC1,2,3or 4 nor ITV1,2,3or 4 nor Channels 4 and 5. I do watch QI and HIGNFY. Some PBS, Film4, Paramount and DVDs.

I no longer have a TV licence. I don't watch or record "live" TV from anywhere in the world, or use the BBC's iPlayer, nor use any paid-for service, but there's plenty else about; "catch-up" channels, stored media like DVDs, films etc off the 'net. I have had a whole lot of threatening letters from TV licencing. Knickers to them, they go in the recycling, I don't need a licence, and even if I tell them, they will send someone around to see about it, so I cannot be bothered. They were supposedly sending someone around earlier this month, but no-one turned up. Very unreliable if you ask me. The most noticeable thing about not watching TV is looking at online news headlines about "s'lebs", and thinking "Who on earth is *that*?!", without feeling as if I've missed out!

:D

Edit again: A Gogirl Chromecast is a useful thing.

I have Chromecast on the small TV in the kitchen as there is no aerial connection, a brilliant solution if you are in the same boat in any room.

Just change the channel.
Or better still switch it off.

It was 5 live this morning which I like to listen to to get the latest weather report being a driver of a large vehicle it's handy to know how bad the weather is especially round here where you have a lot of roads that are not gritted.

I don't normally moan about 5 live it's my favourite but all this Christmas ******** is begging to irritate I cannot wait for new years eve.

I don't normally moan about 5 live it's my favourite but all this Christmas ******** is begging to irritate I cannot wait for new years eve.
wychwood-bah-humbug.png

Latest posts

Back