Food grade barrel

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soton

some random guy
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone is looking for a good quality food grade container to keep grain ect in, I have just taken delivery of a food grade barrel and I can recommend It so I thought I would pass on the link, it was a little more money then I was looking to pay but now I have seen it would say it's worth the money, it's rodent proof and water proof, the barrels have good reviews on Amazon
It holds a full 25kg sack of malt grains with room to spare, I have also put all my separate bags of crystal malts, black barley and flaked barley ect inside it, it's nice a sturdy so I am happy to store it in my shed
If you want to check it out the link is here. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00AF5GVHQ/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if anyone is looking for a good quality food grade container to keep grain ect in, I have just taken delivery of a food grade barrel and I can recommend It so I thought I would pass on the link, it was a little more money then I was looking to pay but now I have seen it would say it's worth the money, it's rodent proof and water proof, the barrels have good reviews on Amazon
It holds a full 25kg sack of malt grains with room to spare, I have also put all my separate bags of crystal malts, black barley and flaked barley ect inside it, it's nice a sturdy so I am happy to store it in my shed
If you want to check it out the link is here. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00AF5GVHQ/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Or, 40 litre ones for free from your local Indian Restaurant/takeaway - it's what mango chutney comes in. I've got 5 now, one is an HLT with a kettle element in, two are fvs and two are grain stores. They take a bit of cleaning, but well worth it. They end up in the skip otherwise....

Last edited by a moderator:
Or, 40 litre ones for free from your local Indian Restaurant/takeaway - it's what mango chutney comes in. I've got 5 now, one is an HLT with a kettle element in, two are fvs and two are grain stores. They take a bit of cleaning, but well worth it. They end up in the skip otherwise....

Damn it now you tell me :!:

I also recycle, but from my local pub. I take their old 20l oil tubs that they use in the kitchens. Like MM says, they need a bit of cleaning, but they hold all my grain as well as being used for dunk sparging and a FV.

ebay for 45-50L ex mango chutney barrels £11 delivered..
rinsed out but still need a good air out to dewhiff ;)

a full sack of 25kg of crushed malt will just about fit with a lil shaking to settle the bulk for the last kilo or so to fit in..

Latest posts

Back