General election

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which party will you vote for

• Labour

• Conservative

• Reform

• Green

• SNP

• Lib Dem

• Still on the fence.

• Plaid cymru

• Local Independant

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Which party will you vote for?

I have listed the main parties if you want one adding let me know below

Last edited:
1716528877890.png

What about Howling Laud Hope and the Monster Raving Loonies?
I think they're in with a good chance this time round.
Look how many voted for Boris, last time!

Personally, I wish there was a Labour Party to vote for. But failing that, I'll go with Starmer's lot.

Last edited:
I am in a safe Tory seat so it doesn't make a lot of difference.
However, I wish the other parties would collude in such areas in times like this, so voting is a binary Tory or single opposition colour.

I believe we need a change even just for 1 term to knock the complacency and corruption back a bit.

As with everything I wonder what the political leaning of this demographic is in the first place?

Is brewing a working man's pursuit, as it was traditionally seen as money saving, so therefore we're all lefties.

Or as the years have gone by, craft beer has become trendy (well to hipsters at least), and resulting from that more have got into brewing as they want to replicate and even improve their preferred IPAs and so on. I'd associate these types more with wealth, middle class backgrounds, and therefore more likely to vote Tory or Lib Dem.

Be interesting to see after the election if this poll follows the choices of the populous or we can work out if this site is more left or right wing 😆

However, I wish the other parties would collude in such areas in times like this, so voting is a binary Tory or single opposition colour.

I’m actually interested in whether people would vote the same way if the system was proportional representation.

Like you I’m in a strongly Tory seat that took 53.5% of the votes in 2019. Really curious to see how much that changes.

As with everything I wonder what the political leaning of this demographic is in the first place?

Is brewing a working man's pursuit, as it was traditionally seen as money saving, so therefore we're all lefties.

Or as the years have gone by, craft beer has become trendy (well to hipsters at least), and resulting from that more have got into brewing as they want to replicate and even improve their preferred IPAs and so on. I'd associate these types more with wealth, middle class backgrounds, and therefore more likely to vote Tory or Lib Dem.

Be interesting to see after the election if this poll follows the choices of the populous or we can work out if this site is more left or right wing 😆
Well always seen myself as a lefty, but living in Scotland that gives me choices tbf, sadly my local area the Westminster votes are not seen as a big deal and lack of PR makes it kind of meaningless.

Apologies if not the right thread but as silly season begins I was very disappointed with the lack of ideas from Bridget Phillipson on Question Time last night as the shadow education secretary says they would need to wait and see what they could do and we can't commit until we are power was rather alarming. To be clear I would like Labour to win but as one audience member put it very well please tell me to vote for you please show me why its the right choice. likewise the non committal answer on tax, a fairer system is all the response added up to, this needs meat on the bone.

With Reform splitting the vote and huge dissatisfaction with Labour's stance on the Gaza conflict this might be closer than first thought.

Looking forward to few more weeks of silly season!

I disagree with most of this 😂

My perception is that for the older demographic of homebrewers, many have naturally gone right as they’ve aged, and I definitely pick up on a fair bit of boomer/gammon type politics in a lot of the political threads on here (which is why I avoid them these days). Some of the profile picture borders on certain posters in a few of the Facebook brewing groups I’m in have given off major right wing vibes too.

The younger homebrewing crowd, that you refer to as hipsters, despite the middle class connotations tend to be much more left leaning than the “traditional” homebrewers. The vast majority of my homebrew club is under 45, and there’s not a single Tory voter among us (if there is they are keeping quiet about it).

Last edited:
I’m actually interested in whether people would vote the same way if the system was proportional representation.

Like you I’m in a strongly Tory seat that took 53.5% of the votes in 2019. Really curious to see how much that changes.

yes totally agree PR would make a massive difference to the Westminster system, also the predication from Northern Ireland is for Sinn Féin to increase their Westminster seats but they do not sit or vote in Westminster this further complicates the picture

The illegal immigrants who slipped through the net here were the best workers I could get. I paid a bond to get them out of the detention centre and assisted them in getting permanent residency. Starmer has the right idea of not sending them back but using them as a resource.

And it's the most honest approach. We have a dearth of people of working age here, and an ever-increasing pension bill.

I believe we need a change even just for 1 term to knock the complacency and corruption back a bit.
https://tactical.vote/

Ah those imortel words, boomer gammon, boomer someone who has lived a long life and not easily taken in by the lying hipsters in west minster, gammon a happy rotund fellow who is content with life and can impart wisdom in young easily taken in youngsters who fall to the spin of the spives, hipster Russell Brand comes to mind a d head, hipster is someone who is easily fooled by the advertising boys who portray cool as a good thing and when it all comes crashing down the cry like babie's and utter those eternal words it wasn't my fault i was just being a young trendy hipster and in debt up to my eyeballs,

Latest posts

Back