Hello from the South East

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

DDHIPA

Reaction score
Hello!

Having brewed a few extract kits I made the jump and purchased a Grainfather. I brewed my first batch a couple of weeks ago (John Finch American IPA recipe from Malt Miller) which ended fermentation smelling like popcorn.... (I’ll go in to more detail in the relevant forum)
Whilst i wait until brewing again on the weekend I am re-reading John Palmers How to Brew as well as the Yeast and Water “brewing elements” books.

Brewing and researching is a welcome positive distraction from the craziness going on in the world at the moment and I’m looking forward to hopefully being self sufficient beer wise in 2021. I have even recently secured an allotment with my wife andI am planning to grow hops for a 2021 Harvest.

I’m looking forward to hopefully contributing to and benefitting from what the forum has to offer

Have a good week everyone!

The-Engineer-That-Brews

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome - looking forward to hearing about your adventures with the IPA, as it's a style I'd like to have a go with :-)

Banbeer

Brewing YTS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and happy brewing.....IPA...MMmm. athumb..

Davy6Mac

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, have done quite a few AG kits from Malt Miller, never disappointed in quality of ingredients etc and the finished brew. Hope the allotment and hop growing is a success

melvyn.woods64

Reaction score
Hello!

Having brewed a few extract kits I made the jump and purchased a Grainfather. I brewed my first batch a couple of weeks ago (John Finch American IPA recipe from Malt Miller) which ended fermentation smelling like popcorn.... (I’ll go in to more detail in the relevant forum)
Whilst i wait until brewing again on the weekend I am re-reading John Palmers How to Brew as well as the Yeast and Water “brewing elements” books.

Brewing and researching is a welcome positive distraction from the craziness going on in the world at the moment and I’m looking forward to hopefully being self sufficient beer wise in 2021. I have even recently secured an allotment with my wife andI am planning to grow hops for a 2021 Harvest.

I’m looking forward to hopefully contributing to and benefitting from what the forum has to offer

Have a good week everyone!

melvyn.woods64

Reaction score
Hi, also from the south east. I bought my Grainfather about a year ago and I am sure you will get a lot of pleasure from it. The only problem is you will now be looking out for your next brewing investment.
The want list is never ending.

darkbright

Reaction score
There definitely seems to be more brewers now in the south east. When I started brewing here in southend, I was surprised that there wasn’t a club here. The nearest is Chelmsford way.

melvyn.woods64

Reaction score
There definitely seems to be more brewers now in the south east. When I started brewing here in southend, I was surprised that there wasn’t a club here. The nearest is Chelmsford way.
It would be interesting to know if there are any clubs around and where they are, I am in the Surrey area.
Can any Forum members help?

jof

Reaction score
It would be interesting to know if there are any clubs around and where they are, I am in the Surrey area.
Can any Forum members help?
Not many of us in Surrey - but if you look at the "Forum Member Map" post you can see a cluster near Farnham/Aldershot

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoddy

General lurker.......
THBF Sponsor
Reaction score
We will be looking at maybe starting a HB club at our brewery in Farnham if people think it is something that people would be into?

DDHIPA

Reaction score
I think with the rise of craft beer and micro/macro breweries Everywhere more people will (hopefully) get into brewing. Especially given the history and locality of Kentish hops!

DDHIPA

Reaction score
Hi, also from the south east. I bought my Grainfather about a year ago and I am sure you will get a lot of pleasure from it. The only problem is you will now be looking out for your next brewing investment.
The want list is never ending.

The grainfather basically opened a whole new avenue of wants/needs/absolute must haves

stainless conical fermenters....

jof

Reaction score
We will be looking at maybe starting a HB club at our brewery in Farnham if people think it is something that people would be into?
Looks like you might have a pool of helpers for when you finally move in :)

Latest posts