How dangerous is it?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a colleague who proudly tells me that she has chucked out all of her aluminium pots, and doesn't consume anything that has come into contact with aluminium, because "it causes Alzheimer's". If her Facebook is anything to go by, she doesn't seem so concerned about the impact of the amount of drink she ingests.
😂

And aluminium, and teflon coated.
The history of Teflon is fascinating. I watched a documentary about the Robert Bilott vs 3M/Dupont case regarding PFOS contamination from the Teflon/Scotchguard plant (also the basis of the move Dark Waters). In the 90's 3M looked worldwide for clean blood samples to compare to its workers’ blood. The only blood they could finds not contaminated with PFOS, was blood samples of soldiers who died in the Korean War 40+ years earlier. Sobering.

Dark waters was such a good film, but sobering indeed.
The history of Teflon is fascinating. I watched a documentary about the Robert Bilott vs 3M/Dupont case regarding PFOS contamination from the Teflon/Scotchguard plant (also the basis of the move Dark Waters). In the 90's 3M looked worldwide for clean blood samples to compare to its workers’ blood. The only blood they could finds not contaminated with PFOS, was blood samples of soldiers who died in the Korean War 40+ years earlier. Sobering

Worry sorted ! 🤷🏼‍♂️
HXHYQKP 10L 15L 20L Premium Portable Collapsible Water Container with Spigot, BPA Free Water Storage Jug, Foldable Water Canteen for Outdoor Camping Traveling Picnic Hiking & Emergency Survival Kit 10L 15L 20L Premium Portable Collapsible Water Container with Spigot, BPA Free Water Storage Jug, Foldable Water Canteen for Outdoor Camping Traveling Picnic Hiking & Emergency Survival Kit (10L) : Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors
4. Keep away from high temperatures and sources of fire

Boiling wort into a thin LFPE membrane sounds safe. LDPE is only stable to around 85°C.

Last edited:
Worry sorted ! 🤷🏼‍♂️
HXHYQKP 10L 15L 20L Premium Portable Collapsible Water Container with Spigot, BPA Free Water Storage Jug, Foldable Water Canteen for Outdoor Camping Traveling Picnic Hiking & Emergency Survival Kit https://amzn.eu/d/fJvfGAQ

Wow. That looks scary.
That looks like an appointment at A&E just waiting to happen.

Look on malt Miller.
They are a lot thicker.

https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/pro...-lower-your-water-consumption/?v=79cba1185463
For any future readers, I bang on about no chill, BUT NOT DO THIS!

Last edited:
They work for me 🤷🏼‍♂️ anyway on with my brew day 😝
IMG_7951.jpeg

Excuse my ignorance, what is the advantage of using these over just leaving the wort to cool in the boiling vessel with the lid on?

For example one issue I would forsee is the zero dissolved oxygen in the wort.

Latest posts

Back