I need help on Larger Kits

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steam brew

Reaction score
Hi all
I need advice on what is a good Larger Kit to make for a birthday party (67) it needs to be above average strength any help please :thumb: :party:

5 Gallons will give you 40 pints of lager.

Brewferm seems to be a good lager kit, I don't brew lager myself but I'm passing this on from previously observed comments by others. You can always make a couple or more 5 Gallon kits to suit the needs of the numbers attending.

Steam brew has also commented similarly!

Have fun!!

You can't go wrong with any of the Coopers kits, although Euro lager (which has lager yeast) is probably a no go in this hot sunny spell unless you can temp control your ferment.
I'd go coopers draught x 2, brewed to 20 litres with a kg of light DME and possibly 250g of brewing sugar.

I am so pleased this was actually about a kit to produce unusually large volumes :-)

Many thanks for info will leave till later in the year and a brew fridge ? I hope but with the weather in the high 25 I think no brewing until there is a lower temp or am I wrong :doh:

I have had good success with the Wilko Mexican Cerveza kit. Had really good feedback from just using brewing sugar ( came out at 5% despite what it says on the can) so u could add extra spray malt if you want it stronger. Even though outside temp is 25degrees plus, I expect that a room in the centre of your house (under the stairs perhaps?) would be cool enough to go with this as it seems to ferment ok to about 22/23 degrees I think.

Good luck. :cheers:

I can vouch for the Coopers European Lager. Mine was drinkable (bottled) after 6 weeks as opposed to the recommended 12 although it's at 8 was now and is unbelievably good. Can't imagine what it'll be like in another month. For what its worth, mine brewed out at an average 22 degrees C so even in this weather I'll bet you'll be fine.

GavH said:
I can vouch for the Coopers European Lager. Mine was drinkable (bottled) after 6 weeks as opposed to the recommended 12 although it's at 8 was now and is unbelievably good. Can't imagine what it'll be like in another month. For what its worth, mine brewed out at an average 22 degrees C so even in this weather I'll bet you'll be fine.

Hi GavH,

Where do you keep your lager? I have mine in the loft for 2 weeks at the moment but dont know where to put it agter that. I dont have space in the fridge for it all however im worried the spare bedroom will be too warm

Put it on a concrete floor, the concrete acts as a heat sink, and in turn helps keep it cool :)

Algernon said:
I am so pleased this was actually about a kit to produce unusually large volumes
I don't think it was. I think it just happens that he's after a large lager kit.

Latest posts

Back