Its too hot.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flying, yes I think you pm me your address.
I've made several batches of fivepoints bitter, but I've never tasted the real thing. Haven't been in the UK for about 5 years now. I think it's time I returned for a few beer festivals in the autumn. I'll PM my address now.

So glad I got 5kg of ekuanot(£5)and batch froze them. Minihillbilly

Attachments

• 20220719_211530.jpg
    20220719_211530.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 0
Is it true that some railroad tracks caught on fire and some streets buckled?
I'm pretty far away from where you're at so forgive me if I have the info wrong or whatever.

I'm pretty far away from where you're at so forgive me if I have the info wrong or whatever.
I think the phrase is “Guilty as charged!”

Luton Airport suspended operations when runway buckled up!

Rail Track slowed down trains when the rails expanded!

My shed roof melted enough to drop tar through the cracks on to a shelf!

We ain’t used to 40*C!
:hat:

Opposite way round: some railway lines reportedly buckled, and several houses on a street in London caught fire when wildfire from adjoining land spread to the street.

I've had a few run-ins with pit bulls here in Detroit while out for a jog. Honestly, one incident, I doubt I'd have gotten more than two steps before the dog arrived so I just stopped and faced it. The big fella was satisfied with being ten yards away, barking his head off. I suppose I trespassed in the dog's mind even though I was across the street
You lucked out. Three years ago I had one that decided it needed to leave it's property, charge across the road, and bite me.

We're getting of few hot ones--90°F to 100°F that translates to 80°F-85°F inside the house. We've used AC only four times this year. Been using the below item which I still consider a little gimmicky and it might be no better than a small fan but it seems to work better than fan only. Stock photo:
View attachment 71573
But what I really want to make is this:
View attachment 71574
It's filled with ice and the fan's air hits the ice and pushes cold air out the blower end. I'd probably have a hose leading outside somehow for the melted ice and freeze up plenty of jugs of water in freezer.
A swamp cooler, unfortunately swamp coolers are not much good if it's very humid.

When I lived in Lake Havasu City, Arizona we hit 120f multiple days every year.
We've been in Coolidge, AZ for 2.5yrs. see it that high. Last year we had 10 days of >115f (46c) in a row. Tomorrow's meant to be >112f... not necessarily looking forward to my motorcycle mission in the morning.!

Just read a BBC article titled:

“The audacious PR plot that seeded doubt about climate change”

The article’s subject can be seen (in the UK) on the BBC iPlayer “Big Oil v The World”

I tend to believe the article because, in the late 90’s, I was told to remove all references to “Climate Change” and “Global Warming” from an “Emergency Procedures Manual” that I had written for one of the major oil companies.
:hat:

We've been in Coolidge, AZ for 2.5yrs. see it that high. Last year we had 10 days of >115f (46c) in a row. Tomorrow's meant to be >112f... not necessarily looking forward to my motorcycle mission in the morning.!
The record high in Lake Havasu city is 128f. Luckily (😉) it never got over 122f when I was there.

not necessarily looking forward to my motorcycle mission in the morning.!
Not too bad here, 90°F. The worst part was putting on the gear and then checking the air in the tires and needing to use the bike pump (effective and free but a little too good of an aerobic exercise in warm weather). Once I got to riding, fairly pleasant. No mission for me, just pleasure.
I might balk at rides at/over 100°F unless I can guarantee zero traffic jams (Clyde--my bike--doesn't like those).
Cheers.

“The audacious PR plot that seeded doubt about climate change”
This ain't directed at you, Dutto; you just bring up an interesting point.
I always say, "It doesn't really matter whether climate change exists or not, we should be doing our doggone best to--pretend the next bit is bolded, capped, italicized and written in blood--take care of the planet. Take. Care. Of. The. Planet.
I don't understand anyone who thinks we can just grind our way through resources, willy-nilly, because they are, literally, finite. Who's not predicting what things will be like in X amount of years? It so doesn't take a genius to figure it out. I think I've answered my question: people who are selfish, care only about money and "now." So, so shortsighted.
I used to argue with the conservatives (if you can realistically call them that) on FOX comments. They asserted, vehemently (without proof) that climate change was a hoax. I said, "Well, alright, it's a hoax. Should we dismiss the main point we're dealing with here, that is, a planet that must be taken care of?"
What's funny is, I don't think I got one answer to that. Keep in mind, it was FOX and discourse is often replaced with threats and ad hominem.
Fingers exhausted. Deep depression upon realizing the motives of much of my fellow man. I'm gonna stop now.
I've not even had a whole beer yet.

Last edited:
Spot on DD. Human stupidity is only surpassed by human greed.
When you've finished bandying words with Fox, try your luck with the religious nutters who believe the Earth and its resources are God-given for our exploitatation and that concern for the future is really questioning God's providence.

Spot on DD. Human stupidity is only surpassed by human greed.
When you've finished bandying words with Fox, try your luck with the religious nutters who believe the Earth and its resources are God-given for our exploitatation and that concern for the future is really questioning God's providence.
That is a lot to unpack.
I realized at one point, FOX was killing me, spiritually, so I needed to quit it much as an addict does. That was a year or more ago. I've only relapsed three-four times and the interactions were not vicious on my part whereas they had been before.
I get greed. I'm not immune to it or anything. It's real. But at some point, it's not fun, right? Where does destroying the pitch (field of play) do us any good.
That last bit you mention sounds like the impetus for what's wrong, in general, and the blockade as to why we can't all agree that we're dealing with a piece of matter and energy, aka Earth that's not limitless.
I don't want to be the responsible one, the logical one, really.

Back