John Wood 85 / Firestone Challenger Keg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve1968

Reaction score
I have a John Wood 85 / Firestone Challenger Keg and need some help finding replacements parts.
The Liquid and Gas posts are fine, but I need to replace the poppets (Typre C) and the plastic insets.
Does anyone out there know of any shop/supplier in the UK

I am not entirely sure about the poppets but these ones worked for me on my Firestone keg - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322100583805?ul_noapp=true

As for the plastic gas tube (I assume that's what you are referring to), what a pain that is. Can't replace with a stainless steel one for the more common kegs as they don't fit. I eventually managed to get one from the Home Brew Company. They don't have it listed on their site, but I gave them a ring and they threw one in when I made a big order. Hope that helps!

These are the type of post I have with plastic insets

I have found suppliers in the US and Poland that can sell me various parts but want crazy money for the postage.
And an engineering company has quoted £60 in the UK to supply a 2 post with Poppets and Insert.

upload_2019-4-25_6-34-32.png

Sorry, completely misunderstood what you needed then!

Is there no one selling universal posts with that thread size ?

Sounds like you could be better off trying to flog the keg and buy a another used one. Certainly be cheaper than paying £60 for the parts.

Back