Keg woes: TCP taste

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys - I agree too. I've had this for 2 years in 3 different plastic barrels, no matter what I throw at it I can't seem to get rid of it. I started with stainless-steel kegs just before Xmas and the beer in there is fine, you have confirmed the way forward.
I got an infection again had to dump another brew, but at least it pointed me in the right direction for the cause. Brand new Apollo fermenter and tap, the only suspect now was the quick disconnects and blow off tubes. Stripped them all down gave them an alkaline soak followed by an acid wash.
The fermenter took apart the posts and PRV a soak in a weak chlorine solution for an hour, a weak chlorine solution in the Apollo followed by a rinse and an acid wash. Tested it by using a tub of fake honey and water left for 1 week in the fermenter. Nothing happened. I have just had a stout ferment out nicely in the fermenter, so problem solved.

Back