Kegland Duotight disconnects

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi anyone out there using the Kegland duotight disconnects?
The reason I ask is that I notice that my black/yellow ones only fit the Beer (out) post. Where as the red/grey (gas) fit both the gas (in) and beer (out ) posts
Any one else noticed this ?

Attachments

• IMG_0987.png
    IMG_0987.png
    63.4 KB · Views: 5
I love these, although I have had an issue with one of the grey gas ones leaking from the top where the red cap is. Someone at my local Homebrew Club has also had the exact same issue with one. Other than that, I like that the line is at 90 degrees to the keg meaning they add little to no height to the kegs.

I have a bunch of these and I do rate them for various aspects. However, getting the line all the way in can be hard and the tube end gets roughed up pretty quickly. Also, unscrewing the top is virtually impossible without pliers. One of my black ones sometimes leaks. I have it on my jumper cable so I can tell straight away if it is working ok that day.

Do check the gas ones, I also had one leak through the cap. Fixed it with an O ring but shouldn't be necessary.

Beware the universal post as that can take a gas or liquid connector.
A useful thing in some situations.

Here's a question...why do universal posts exist if grey disconnects can fit on both? I have a couple of uni posts and I got them because I didn't think you could place either disconnect on the opposite post. And realistically you would have no reason to place a black disconnect on the gas post but there might be a reason for the grey on the liquid post. But if the grey fits on both, why make universals?

I've not noticed that the gas ( grey ) fits on the liquid post. The couple of times it's occurred by accident they haven't clicked on fully and have been really difficult to remove.
I've fitted a universal on the top of my key keg so that I can do closed transfers and then add gas or .etc my gauge on to measure pressure.

Latest posts

Back