Kegs At Different Pressures

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can have “in line” secondary regulators. You can get them for £20-25 each over here or £11 from China at my new favourite place, the Kegland AliExpress Official Store.

Last edited:
You can have “in line” secondary regulators. You can get them for £20-25 each over here or £11 from China at my new favourite place, the Kegland AliExpress Official Store.
Thanks, also do you think it's worth paying extra for flow control taps?

Thanks, also do you think it's worth paying extra for flow control taps?
It probably is.

I haven’t actually got my keg set up yet because it’s a birthday present (only another 10 days to wait), but I just went with the BKT kit with the Nukataps rather than flow control. My decision was partly because I’d watched a Kegland promo video about them and they looked pretty cool and partly because I was trying to persuade my parents to get me the two keg setup rather than the one and It worked out cheaper. A lot of people on various FB groups reckon if you’ve got well balanced beer lines you shouldn’t need flow control.

I've been meaning to invest in a couple of these:

http://www.shako-online-sales.com/NR200
A few people on here have them: @Jakeyboi @peebee so might be able to point out exactly what you need in terms of variant, connections etc, as I haven't got round to figuring it out for myself yet.

I also bought a few of these to control the beer flow, since I don't have flow control taps, but again haven't actually figured the best way to connect them!
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32957207419.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.77034c4dhp0jhb

Is the only way to have kegs at different pressures, to use a twin regulator?
Hi @Saisonator, I use the Kegland inline regulator, it's really accurate and easy to use, I bought mine a month or so ago and haven't looked back really. I use a two way splitter from the gas tank. Obvious upside is set gas to blast/force carb and then set the inline reg to pouring psi. The downside is the inlet and outlet are 5/16" and I have a splitter that is 3/8" so had to order the gas line and a couple of John Guest adaptors (one for the splitter and one for the disconnect) for it all to marry together but once you have all the parts it takes about 5 mins to assemble.

Last edited:
Hi @Saisonator, I use the Kegland inline regulator, it's really accurate and easy to use, I bought mine a month or so ago and haven't looked back really. I use a two way splitter from the gas tank. Obvious upside is set gas to blast/force carb and then set the inline reg to pouring psi. The downside is the inlet and outlet are 5/16" and I have a splitter that is 3/8" so had to order the gas line and a couple of John Guest adaptors (one for the splitter and one for the disconnect) for it all to marry together but once you have all the parts it takes about 5 mins to assemble.

I was about to place an order for one when I noticed they are 5/16 rather than 3/8. That's a bummer.

I've been meaning to invest in a couple of these: …
I always use the 1/4" BSP, 0-2bar (30psi) variants. Because 1/4" BSP is easier to get fittings for (JG fittings too if you want them). I do not use JG fittings, preferring metal pneumatic fittings (they're cheaper too). Order the pressure dial with them (it's an option) 'cos they are really cheap.

And the Kegland regulators: "Wet" regulators! I was mucking with them last year: Keg pressure for dispensing / Glasses of foam!. I will be using them in my new kegerator, but not built yet. You are right treating them as "flow-control" as "wet regulators" don't really exist (you can't regulate the pressure of an uncompressible liquid, the liquid has no pressure but it transmits pressure to things that ain't liquid), but they do work very well as automatically adjusting flow restrictors. They do come with a key to turn them now (like the "Blow-tie" PRVs or spunding valves) so try and get them if you can

I always use the 1/4" BSP, 0-2bar (30psi) variants. Because 1/4" BSP is easier to get fittings for (JG fittings too if you want them). I do not use JG fittings, preferring metal pneumatic fittings (they're cheaper too). Order the pressure dial with them (it's an option) 'cos they are really cheap.

I use these, they are so cheap, even with the pressure dial, that they are a no brainer. I set my primary reg to 30 psi, then each keg to whatever I want using the Shako.

I use these, they are so cheap, even with the pressure dial, that they are a no brainer. I set my primary reg to 30 psi, then each keg to whatever I want using the Shako.

Got any links to what you use?

Why is it a bummer? you can get JH fittings from whatever to whatever, let me know what you want and I'll try to explain.

Just a bummer because I have loads of 3/8 connectors and line and don't really want to change just because the inline regulator doesn't match. Bit of a faff just for a little convenience. I currently just disconnect one keg when I'm burst carbing for 24 hours.

Got any links to what you use?
This is copied from my last orders invoice;

Shako Miniature Regulator NR200
- Pressure: NR200L2 | 0~ 2kgf/cm..
- Port Size: 1/4 inch (02)
- Thread Type: BSP (G)
- Pressure Gauge: With Gauge
- Mounting Bracket: With mounting bracke.. NR200 1 £11.25 £11.25

Ordered from the link in the previous post.

Ace. Cheers.

Any of those type that are compatible with ball lock disconnects?
I just use the plastic John Guest ones on the disconnects, purely because I ordered them from the same place at the same time. I think @peebee might be able to point you in the direction of the metal ones as I think the disconnects are an odd thread ( although I might have made that up!)

I bought a 2 outlet regulator and found i don't need both: i gas up one corny, then disconnect the feed to prevent any loss of co2 from any leaks that seem to be prevalent in the system. I check & adjust the pressure as needed by reconnecting/disconnecting each corny in turn. So only one regulator outlet needed.

Latest posts

Back