Lemon and Lime Beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying_Fox

Reaction score
So going back a few years I had Lemon and Line Beer in Germany which was great. A few years later Becks brought it to the UK but it didn’t last long because I guess people weren’t buying it :?:

I was wondering how I’d go about recreating that in terms of home brewing. If I waited until
my Beer was done and then adding in a load of Lemon and Lime Cordial? Any advice would be appreciated wink...

Something like Biermuncher's Centennial Blonde as a base beer, with lemon and lime peel added to some vodka to make a tincture, might work.

Lemon and lime zest in the last 5 minutes of the boil. Or brew a beer using Lemon Drop and Wai-iti hops.

I've had really good results from "dry-hopping" with the zest from 2 lemons and 2 limes for 5 days. Was really surprised at how much flavour this imparted.

I've had really good results from "dry-hopping" with the zest from 2 lemons and 2 limes for 5 days. Was really surprised at how much flavour this imparted.
Wee bump here, any concerns about the sanitation of zest for use in the FV steve or just throw straight in? Considering making a lemon and lime lager for the summer

Wee bump here, any concerns about the sanitation of zest for use in the FV steve or just throw straight in? Considering making a lemon and lime lager for the summer
No I just dry hopped my Saison with lemon peel. If your really concerned make a hot tea. Steep the peel add both the tea and peel

No I just dry hopped my Saison with lemon peel. If your really concerned make a hot tea. Steep the peel add both the tea and peel
Lovely cheers. I have grain and herkules hops for a lager already. Just ordered 25g of lemon drop for flameout and will use peel in the FV to make a nice refreshing summer lager hopefully

I'm just fermenting a Lemon and Lime Saison which uses dried Lemon Peel and Dried Limes in the boil and then Lemongrass and Kaffir Lime Leaves in the fermenter.

Lemon zest, Wai-Iti hops also have been used siccessfully in the past to impart L & L falvours

Latest posts

Back