Muntons Gold Imperial Stout 1st Taste

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tibbs1972

Reaction score
Hi,

I tried a bottle of my stout tonight after six weeks brewing and conditioning.
Pretty chuffed with the results.
Looking forward to drinking this batch.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI6MWNDeQrc[/ame]

A stout is usually ready to drink very early and yours looks great!

I assume this is the 2 can Muntons Stout kit, which I have not tried myself, but I have used the Wilko Velvet stout kits, which are produced in the same building.

A small suggestion is that pouring into a tilted glass, in one pour from the bottle will reduce the amount of sediment that can drop through to the glass. I only mention this because brewers yeast is a slightly unpleasant thing to drink.

It's not the taste, it's the purines.

A stout is usually ready to drink very early and yours looks great!

I assume this is the 2 can Muntons Stout kit, which I have not tried myself, but I have used the Wilko Velvet stout kits, which are produced in the same building.

A small suggestion is that pouring into a tilted glass, in one pour from the bottle will reduce the amount of sediment that can drop through to the glass. I only mention this because brewers yeast is a slightly unpleasant thing to drink.

It's not the taste, it's the purines.

Thanks for the advice. As you mention, this was the two can kit, with no extras added.

I used the filter bag that came with the Festival Golden Stag Summer Ale.
This really helped with the siphoning, as I'm still on my first year of brewing.

Usually, I do tilt the glass, but I wanted to see what sort of head was possible and whether waiting for it to settle like a Guinness made a difference.
It didn't. The second glass poured much better.

I haven't had any issues with sediment so far. In fact, people I've given pints to as a gift have commented on how little sediment there is.

I think this is due to the batch priming method with about 110g of brewing sugar. Any more than 110g and I get problems with too much gas.

Pretty happy with the results and comments from friends so far.
I haven't put anybody in Hospital yet. That's gotta be a bonus. :razz:

Latest posts

Back