Neipa oxidisation

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was 200g of dry hops in 20l

Still annoyed, made it before and it showed minimal degradation from start to finish. I'm beginning to blame the keg, need to check it for leaks once this has been drunk.
wow yeah i max out at about 5g/l definitely different animal you are trying to handle.

thats easy with the keg pull the gas line off if there is a leak you wont be able to pour after a couple days, or sooner.

I stopped brewing them completely for a while.
Me too, most of them turned out nice enough but not what they should have been. And they aren't exactly cheap to make either. The only time I'd maybe consider making one of these in future would be if I knew it was all going to be drank very quickly, maybe for a party or something.

I'm still new to brewing having done a number of kits and 2 AG brews, but my NEIPA has been bottled for over a month now and not showing signs of discolouring. I'm now wondering if I've been lucky or because i used closed counter pressure bottle filling. I am going to carry on brewing them them nail the style more.

A side note, the NEIPA i brewed is the first i applied all of Strange-Steves water forum water documentation too. Great read, thank you sir.

Anyway, I have the ideal mug to hide it’s appearance, forgot about this one.
1588769996480.jpeg

wow! the one time i kegged a neipa i used campden and it retained its color till it was gone. when i bottle condition i never have this issue though? i thought it was an old wives tale.
Hey Pennine, I’m gonna use campden to help with the same in a (corny) keg. Can I ask please, how did you transfer it? Syphon from a FV bucket or another? (Closed, semi closed, etc etc)

thanks Mike

Hey Pennine, I’m gonna use campden to help with the same in a (corny) keg. Can I ask please, how did you transfer it? Syphon from a FV bucket or another? (Closed, semi closed, etc etc)

thanks Mike
straight from the fermenter with a spigot into the keg via some tubing. you can add the powder to the keg first before transfering, fill it up and purge with co2, then swirl the keg around to make sure the camden is mixed in well. the camden will take care of any oxygen issues.

straight from the fermenter with a spigot into the keg via some tubing. you can add the powder to the keg first before transfering, fill it up and purge with co2, then swirl the keg around to make sure the camden is mixed in well. the camden will take care of any oxygen issues.
Excellent, thanks for that. I’m gonna do the same with the campden and transfer. Cheers Pennine

Latest posts

Back