new bee want ta be

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

padster888

Reaction score
hello im paddy i really want to get into home brew ....ive :thumb: ive got a wilkos wine kit on go just topped it up as per day 3 instructions and its exploded :eek: my falt didnt leave space :doh: never mind i really want to try a wow as im skint but if not does anyone know of cheap great kits many thanx :wha:

why buy a kit...?

you got any blackberries you can pick ?

apples or pears for cider or wine ?

plum's ?

sloe's ?

rose hips ?

rowan berries ?

Himalayan balsam ?

I would say elderberry, but you will wait many years to drink that one :D

plenty of things to make free wine this time of year :thumb:

maybe just top up your exploded kit with some juice from the supermarket....
or a load of foraged ingredients...

Original wow. strong black tea for tannin. gelatine to clear it out. if you can't afford the £2.50 or so that it costs to make I can't help you :lol: but do remember, that's how much a GLASS costs in a pub, nevermind 6.5 bottles...

Welcome :cheers: You do tend to get what you pay for with kits. But they can make okay house wine. This is especially true for red kits. I have only ever made one white kit, a Beverdale and that was to compare with my WOWS. Other half could not tell the difference, so never made one again.

thanks every one :cheers: ...i think my next go will be a wow as for foraging i live in the country side so i know theres loads to pick but as a new be il leave that untill i gain more experience :wha:

Welcome and have fun, if you got loads of stuff to pick get picking, can always be frozen for later use

Latest posts

Back