Nominate your favourite beer here to win the beer world cup!!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of the widely available commercial beers (ie, stocked in the co-op at the end of my road) the ones I buy the most are

Vocation Pride & Joy APA
&
St Austell Proper Job IPA

Another beer I never get tired of is De Dolle Oerbier - so i'll add that to list, also De Dolle's Xmas beer "Stille Nacht" is remarkable. I bought a reserva edition at the Kulminator in Antwerp which was one of the most memorable beer experiences ever !!

If there are still places left I'd also nominate Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout - a style-defining beer and all-time classic with good reason.

So thats it, we have the 32 beers, which includes a few x2 nominations. Thanks to everyone who entered their favorite beer.

First four 1st round matches to be launched today and will run for 5 days.

I used Mrs H to do the pre-draw last night and slotted in the last beer added by @braziliain this morning.

HBF2018BeerWorldCup.JPG

Here is your line up........

Last edited:
So i will be listing the first round matches for the beer world cup. Most likely i will release a few votes every day to get through the first round as we have 16 matches to get through.

Instruction are simple,

1. See the head to head Beer Vs Beer
2. Vote for your favorite beer using the voting buttons
3. Repeat for each match as they are released

Please try not to put comments in the thread as it would be best if people were able to use the notification for when i a new match is posted.

Good luck everyone and may the best beer win!

It would have been cool to go through this slowly to allow folks to buy the beers and sample them against each other, but I guess it would take all year to get through the contest!

There's plenty of beers in there I haven't tried. Think I'm going to use this as inspiration anyway...

Inspired by the eclectic mix of beers in the world cup I just picked up a wheat beer in the co-op - not had one for ages

The line up chart is hard to see... is there any other way of viewing it? I've tried opening image in another tab also using key Ctrl + mouse scroll to enlarge, but text is then unreadable.

It would have been cool to go through this slowly to allow folks to buy the beers and sample them against each other, but I guess it would take all year to get through the contest!

There's plenty of beers in there I haven't tried. Think I'm going to use this as inspiration anyway...
I'm pretty sure at one time or another (although it may have been on a different forum) that there was a monthly beer tasting, where a commly available commercial beer was nominated and at the end of the month everyone would taste it and discuss. Not sure why it fizzled out though.

Back