Nucleated pint glasses?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattyde05

Reaction score
Hi guys can anybody tell me the pros and cons of a Nucleated Pint Glass ?
All mine pint glasses are old and don’t have them in them . I was wondering if it’s worth buying some new ones ?
Thanks 👍🏻

I've got a few nucleated glasses, a couple of pint pots and a couple of Duvel glasses. They definitely help with head retention, but you have to be careful using them with highly carbonated styles. I poured a hefeweizen, turned my back for a couple of minutes only for it to foam all over the countertop!

Can the beer go flat quicker seems as the bubbles are rising to the top faster ?
Are they more a visual thing apart from better head retention?
also Is anybody able to suggest a good website to buy good quality glass wear from as the ones I’ve found only seems to sell them in packs of 24 . Thankyou for the reply’s

I have some San Miguel ones they work great from my lager i have brewed. In other glasses it was like the beer was flat no head but very fizzy in the mouth.

Will stick to the nucleated glass from now on.

I have a mixture of nucleated and not, and try and use whatever is best for the current brew.
So if I've undercarbed, or have a lager or IPA I grab a nucleated glass.
If I've overcarbed and have foam-overs I stick to non-nucleated.
They are cheap on eBay, I bought them in a set of 4.

Well, I've learnt something today: what a nucleated glass is! :D

Latest posts

Back