Oak Homebrew Beer kits - 5/19/23/25 Ltr Full Grain kits - Ideal for beginners and smaller bellies

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitch

Regular.
Reaction score
While newly back in the saddle I was looking locally for homebrew supply shops close by....and with the exception of the regulation "Wilko's" I stumbled upon Oak Home Brew based in Syston Leics. Here's the LINK

So not too far from me but of course they post out if you aren't that close to LE7.

Anyways, me thinking that if I probably started on some ale kits of 40pints it would take an age to drink them unless I held a grouse shoot or funeral wake, I was looking for smaller kits. Hey presto. Oak have filled that gap.

They sell full grain kits starting at just £8 that will make 8 pints and up to £15 for 25 LTR kit so ideal for the idiot beginner like me or for those that are competent and want to also brew smaller amounts.

Kits come with full guides and Ive started off with 2. So 2 demijohns and a large 6.5ltr cooking pot needed which I of course have.

The business is run from a very helpful lady's house called Julie. On hand for advice and conversations if needed.

I did search to see if anyone had used Oak before - it appears not. Hopefully this will be of help to some folks. I intend to start brewing either today or tomorrow so watch this space.

Attachments

• 20200929_122408_resized.jpg
    20200929_122408_resized.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 103
  • 20200929_122424_resized.jpg
    20200929_122424_resized.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 98
  • 20200929_122434_resized.jpg
    20200929_122434_resized.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 98
Each to their own. Me I enjoy the whole process from manufacture to consumption. Regardless of volume.
I much prefer a non bulbous nose and trim gut. As do the ladies. wink...
Moderation. In everything. In life. Now what time am I expected at church....

Each to their own. Me I enjoy the whole process from manufacture to consumption. Regardless of volume.
I much prefer a non bulbous nose and trim gut. As do the ladies. wink...
Moderation. In everything. In life. Now what time am I expected at church....
Hey
Bulbous noses matter too
BNLM

What a coincidence! With the onset of Autumn and temps getting lower it wont be long until my multi fuel stove is fired up every day.

With this in mind I've been thinking of doing one gallon BIAB brews as an entry into AG brewing. I've got everything I need except the ingredients and you've solved a problem for me. Thanks for the heads up........and the linkathumb..

Just ordered the Great Oak Bitter Kit. A very easy to navigate website and easy checkout.

Thanks again.

While newly back in the saddle I was looking locally for homebrew supply shops close by....and with the exception of the regulation "Wilko's" I stumbled upon Oak Home Brew based in Syston Leics. Here's the LINK

So not too far from me but of course they post out if you aren't that close to LE7.

Anyways, me thinking that if I probably started on some ale kits of 40pints it would take an age to drink them unless I held a grouse shoot or funeral wake, I was looking for smaller kits. Hey presto. Oak have filled that gap.

They sell full grain kits starting at just £8 that will make 8 pints and up to £15 for 25 LTR kit so ideal for the idiot beginner like me or for those that are competent and want to also brew smaller amounts.

Kits come with full guides and Ive started off with 2. So 2 demijohns and a large 6.5ltr cooking pot needed which I of course have.

The business is run from a very helpful lady's house called Julie. On hand for advice and conversations if needed.

I did search to see if anyone had used Oak before - it appears not. Hopefully this will be of help to some folks. I intend to start brewing either today or tomorrow so watch this space.
Looks like a good site and a great option for experimenting when starting AG
Well found mate

That looks like it would be worth a try for me. Any idea if they have the instructions availble to look at first?

That looks like it would be worth a try for me. Any idea if they have the instructions availble to look at first?
Instructions are easy to follow. Came on 2 sides A4.
Although i now have to wait until my boiling pan and thermometer arrive 😂

Latest posts

Back