October Beer Competition - Dark Beers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it was. So without further ado, the results are in. There were a total of eight entries. Thanks to all who entered, I really enjoyed judging them.

So in third place, with a score of 38/50 is @Twopan with a very nice Belgian Dubbel.

In second place, with two beers scoring an impressive 39/50, is @samale with two imperial stouts.

Drum roll please...in first place...

Yes it was. So without further ado, the results are in. There were a total of eight entries. Thanks to all who entered, I really enjoyed judging them.

So in third place, with a score of 38/50 is @Twopan with a very nice Belgian Dubbel.

In second place, with two beers scoring an impressive 39/50, is @samale with two imperial stouts.

How many drums have you got

Well done both

Two imps, heavy night

For those interested in the recipe
Finally got the Honey porter brewed today.
A pretty straight forward brew day in the nice walk sun, even managed to top up with the swimming pool with the warm water from the chiller - yes I did have a dip afterwards.
The HONEY malt in the recipe is the actual honey and will be added at high krausen. The honey is from a local guy that I know, it is lovely stuff.

Follow this to my recipe page. Honey instead of the honey malt. Dark malts go into the mash at mash out.

Back