Peltier Cooling Plates

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale Kirkwood

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I'm in the middle of looking at options for a home build brewing system for smaller batches and came to part of looking at the temperature control side of the mash, boil and HLT. I know that having a heating element would be grand as I could have a tight upper limit meaning it would cool naturally. However, I thought I would have a look at some sort of cooling element, the thought being that this could be on the other side of an inkbird i.e. heating element in one socket, cooling on the other.

I couldn't find anything in the forums to see if anyone has done this in this way - could anyone give me some advice based on their experience if this is worth doing or options for doing it? Also, has anyone used a Peltier cooling plate for wort or an HLT? I saw a few people had used them for bath fermenting but couldn't see for controlling wort or water temperature.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

I did consider a much longer answer. I deleted however in favour of a shorter one. In this usage case, I would suggest that thermal electric cooling plates would present an extremely high fire hazard risk, and I wouldn't recommend it. I'm not willing to go into this further, as I do not feel qualified to advise in an area where I feel the safety risk is so high.

Good luck.

I did consider a much longer answer. I deleted however in favour of a shorter one. In this usage case, I would suggest that thermal electric cooling plates would present an extremely high fire hazard risk, and I wouldn't recommend it. I'm not willing to go into this further, as I do not feel qualified to advise in an area where I feel the safety risk is so high.

Good luck.
That's good enough for me athumb.. thanks

Latest posts

Back