Pet hates and food

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just started laughing when I read that.
So I checked. The claim is that it isn't those parts. I don't care either way. I don't eat it just because I don't,

Its awful stuff and worse when fried, my grandad used to eat it i guess in those days road kill would have been classed as a decent meal 🤢

Hahahaha red sauce I never bother with but now HP brown in stew like your Ma makes and a fry mmmmm
Talking of stew yer ma makes the all important factor is which mince @Gerryjo ?
385CFD79-D358-4963-88D1-94FF7285EE27.jpeg

Ugh. Bad on top of bad. That sounds worse than what I had. My misery was measured in hours (maybe three or four).
Cooks not following code drives me crazy, even something missing like a beard net.
We had been to an Indian restaurant on the recommendation from a welsh man in our hotel. When I got back on my feet I said to him how bad it was. His reply was “I wasn’t even in it I was pis*ed when I told you it was good”
Day 3 I was able to drink water without it going straight through again

Last edited:
Another and this is a big one:
Ice cream used to come in a half-gallon container. The makers have shrunk the size down to 1.5 quarts. Just raise the darn price and don't try to fool people.
Ice cream related: A popular brand here, Breyer's, started adding that thickener to it. I took one bite and could tell it wasn't straight ice cream anymore. Mad.
We have very strict rules in NZ on what can be called ice cream. Anything not made of milk/cream must be labelled as frozen dessert...

Is there a sauce to eat it with? Salad cream, perhaps?
I think tartar sauce might work but nothing concrete comes to mind.
Are hotdogs widely consumed in the UK?
Ballpark Franks brand (beef) is one of my favorites.

I reckon salad cream would be nice with it, or mayo :tongue:

Yes we have hotdogs, sometimes on the mobile burger vans that you see at festivals or concerts etc, with lots of fried onions, american mustard and tomato sauce (ketchup)

If you wanna be a spice monster, you could dip it in encona. That stuff is my absolute fave.

encona.jpg

NY and some of the bigger cities will have hotdog vendors on the street. The food trucks are everywhere now.
My experience when I first lived in Manhattan was handing over a $5 for a $3 hotdog. The mother f****** pocketed it and said thanks for the tip. It happened so fast that I didn't get really p***** off about it until later.

I reckon salad cream would be nice with it, or mayo :tongue:

Yes we have hotdogs, sometimes on the mobile burger vans that you see at festivals or concerts etc, with lots of fried onions, american mustard and tomato sauce (ketchup)

If you wanna be a spice monster, you could dip it in encona. That stuff is my absolute fave.

View attachment 62499
When it comes to sauces, you’ve nailed it with that!

Latest posts

Back