Polytunnel

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First wave of Green feast peas in, first wave of swede in, waiting on the bench, silver beet, beetroot, cauliflower, various cabbage and broccoli, Pak choi and leeks (second wave) also sugar snap peas.
001.JPG

To be honest Clint I have never been an onion grower, apart from white and spring onions. Brown onions are so cheap it isn't worth the space or effort to grow them. I do buy the seeds but never plant them. Although there are a couple of allotments here the waiting list is to large, surprising really with the amount of land available.

I struggle with spring onions...they never seem to do very well on my plot.
I have sown some Ishikura, not seen hide nor hair of them, grown them in the past but do seem to be hit and miss.
Seeing as your from Wales, do you buy Medwyn Williams seeds? I wrote to him with an aim to purchase some seeds, never heard a word back. Wonder if he may change his mind now your out of the EU.

I usually get my seeds from local garden centres. We get unusual varieties from a place called Plant World in Devon. Mrs Clint gets her echium seeds from there although this year we have loads of free plants as they self seeded last year.

I go onto UK eBay to buy seeds, just some of the seeds I can't get here, bought some Tiger nuts from Bulgaria or Romania. Got held up in border security because the seller sent some complimentary tomato seeds without a proper description. They destroyed the tomato seeds but I got my Tiger nuts.

Yes, mate of mine is a specimen hunter he uses them, makes boilies has a boat to carry them out to his swim. Has had some nice mirror carp but, over the 30lb mark.

IMG-20200414-WA0000.jpg

Back to the allotment this morning. We had some good news...we've managed to secure the other half (right hand side of picture) after the current tenants have up. We started turning it over and removing the weeds straight away.

MyQul..the tyres are Welsh black landracers cross. Suitable for a variety of locations easy for the beginner and interesting enough for the semi professional. They take very little looking after and can be left semi feral for long periods of time. I think I may add a few more to the herd seeing as Iam stepping up in the world.

Back