Polytunnel

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG-20200418-WA0001.jpg

The view from today and a better perspective. Mrs Clint's been digging like a mad woman...I sorted out some netting for the cabbages...

Our peas are more of a winter crop but last summer the compost I put down for the pumpkins had peas in it and they grew. Going to try some for an early summer crop.
Some beetroot out and some to go in. Got 4 jars of pickled beetroot the rest I will make beetroot and red onion relish with.
002.JPG

IMG-20200419-WA0000.jpg

Mrs Clint took a sneaky snap of me "sorting stuff out" that was left by the previous tenants...this is a large netted cover..ideal for sprouts .but it had been left upside down and the weeds had anchored the netting. Good job I had my penknife!
More digging and raking. Sown...romenesco,swede,turnip, pumpkins, squash.
Relaxing now with a beer...

How very dare you! Well I didn't do that much....it's all technical and clever wot I do...
We have inherited a number of fruit trees...a couple of eating apple,cooking apple,plums and pears...

View attachment 24716
Mrs Clint took a sneaky snap of me "sorting stuff out" that was left by the previous tenants...this is a large netted cover..ideal for sprouts .but it had been left upside down and the weeds had anchored the netting. Good job I had my penknife!
More digging and raking. Sown...romenesco,swede,turnip, pumpkins, squash.
Relaxing now with a beer...
Nice crop of mature dandelions with extra thick long roots to dig out :laugh8:

Oh yes they're good'uns...the joys of a plot that's not been touched since last year...it won't take her long to shift them!
There's a plot next to me, which I gave up, which has basically not been touched in 18 months. I have been astounded how quickly it has reverted to meadow from being well looked after from the time I had it.

By us it's all bind weed,that thick horrible grass and dandelion...we did have another plot away from this one which we took two years taking the bind weed out but have swapped for the convenience of having this right next to our main bit...the previous tenants took good care of it,the soil is good having been well manured.

Latest posts

Back