Repeached

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before making a decision on the performance of Trump I think it would be wise to see how his replacement performs. So many times leaders have been replaced by someone completely worse. Forget the personality traits, it is about who could/will serve the country better.
Lets just see the improvements/recessions the next four years bring, looking at the state of America at the moment I can't see any improvements on the horizon.
We're behind the eight ball, we're out of chalk, the cue is warped, the felt has tears in it and the table is on an angle disadvantageous to the planned shot. It's going to be slow and painful and will take years. I'm not sure how you gleaned a positive, past four years for us. POTUS says it but it doesn't bear out the statistics on the US government website.

Lets just see the improvements/recessions the next four years bring, looking at the state of America at the moment I can't see any improvements on the horizon.
Keep in mind that the American economy is so huge that it takes MANY months to influence it to rise or fall and make no mistake about it trump is leaving Biden a colossal fustercluck to deal with.
It took trump quite a while to derail the economic boom that Obama left him.

According to a CNN article with multiple sources, possibly ten more House Republicans would have voted to impeach had the vote been secret. They were afraid for their families.
I don't see the Senate having any less worry about that factor. VP Mike Pence, loyal as the day is long, got death threats because he didn't try to violate the US Constitution.

According to a CNN article with multiple sources, possibly ten more House Republicans would have voted to impeach had the vote been secret. They were afraid for their families.
I don't see the Senate having any less worry about that factor. VP Mike Pence, loyal as the day is long, got death threats because he didn't try to violate the US Constitution.
Perhaps incited by Trump and his insistence that there had been voter fraud

These people, e.g. Pence need to stand up for honesty. Twitter, Facebook etc have finally silenced Trump - something his colleagues, fellow Republican Senators should have done a long time ago. Through their lack of action they are just as culpable as Trump himself

Perhaps incited by Trump and his insistence that there had been voter fraud
I would say, as they might in Minnesota, "You betcha!" I try not to generalize, group bad apples with the rest. There are two things going on here, in my opinion: far-right extremists and malleable people caught in the undertow. The former would try shenanigans no matter what but weren't tamped down for four years running. The latter believe POTUS (despite the multitude of reasons they should not) and are outraged, fear that our democratic republic has already fallen based on what you mentioned.
VP Pence was given as good of an invitation as one can get to do the right thing (or at least try with the 25th). I don't suspect there would have been much of a chance of that succeeding. Same with the trial now to be held in the Senate. As I said, somewhere up above, if the votes for impeachment and then the ones for the trial could be secret, the outcome maybe would be different. As it stands, it was a huge showing by the GOP in the House to vote for impeachment (ten or twenty of them). Then, release the voting record in two-three months after things have cooled. The reason is that sitting Congressmen are afraid for their families.
Now we have 25K armed National Guard (different than US military) crowded in the Capitol and surrounding area. Unheard of, obscene that it is necessary to protect America from Americans.

Now we have 25K armed National Guard (different than US military) crowded in the Capitol and surrounding area. Unheard of, obscene that it is necessary to protect America from Americans.
[/QUOTE]
Protecting America from one particular American would be a start. From a UK perspective Trump appears as anti-democratic and an autocrat. His style of “leadership “ and the deepening division of the USA rather underlines why he (thinks he) gets on with the N Korean dictatorship. If he continues bleating about voter fraud, the fact is that had the process been a simple popular vote, Hilary Clinton would be the one chanting “four more years”. Perhaps he should run for the Ukrainian hot seat instead?

Protecting America from one particular American would be a start. From a UK perspective Trump appears as anti-democratic and an autocrat. His style of “leadership “ and the deepening division of the USA rather underlines why he (thinks he) gets on with the N Korean dictatorship. If he continues bleating about voter fraud, the fact is that had the process been a simple popular vote, Hilary Clinton would be the one chanting “four more years”. Perhaps he should run for the Ukrainian hot seat instead?
[/QUOTE]
Maybe he should take the hotseat along with the thirteen others the Federal government has seen through during his presidency and I'm not for the death sentence but he is one of a kind and not in a good way.

The charge for Trump's impeachment is "incitement of insurrection".

I'm just gonna leave this here:
“There will be blood in the streets.” — Loretta Lynch
“Who says protest have to be peaceful?” — Chris Cuomo
“There needs to be unrest in the streets.” — Ayanna Pressley
“Protesters should not let up.” — Kamala Harris
“I just don’t know why there aren’t uprisings all over the
country and maybe there will be.” — Nancy Pelosi
“You get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them
and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere.” — Maxine Waters

What's your point @johnny108 ? Is this some straw man argument pointing out what other people say justifying what somebody else says? Is this your dad's a pedo, well your dad's a murderer again?

If you're going to say something then say it so we know what you mean.

What's your point @johnny108 ? Is this some straw man argument pointing out what other people say justifying what somebody else says? Is this your dad's a pedo, well your dad's a murderer again?

If you're going to say something then say it so we know what you mean.
My point is that if the USA is a nation of laws, then they need to be enforced equally. Unequal enforcement is driving a wedge between groups of people, making things less stable.
When Trump does what he does and is impeached, while his opponents say the above without censure, then his supporters have a legitimate complaint with society.

[/QUOTE]
Yes, I agree.
Our electoral college has a "fun" origin. It's defended heavily by conservatives, I believe to our detriment since it is now the 21st Century. Most of the elections lately have been popular vote wins for the Democrats.
While 45* treated our adversaries like friends and allies like adversaries, my largest concern is the damage done to our relationship with all of our allies. What reason do any of them have to trust us fully again or to whatever degree they trusted us prior to these past four years? They can all trust Biden's administration but there is a taste for nationalism here that is evident in the number of votes received (74.2M). It would give any country pause not to take steps separate from the US.
How hard is it to understand that "no man is an island"?

The charge for Trump's impeachment is "incitement of insurrection".

I'm just gonna leave this here:
“There will be blood in the streets.” — Loretta Lynch
“Who says protest have to be peaceful?” — Chris Cuomo
“There needs to be unrest in the streets.” — Ayanna Pressley
“Protesters should not let up.” — Kamala Harris
“I just don’t know why there aren’t uprisings all over the
country and maybe there will be.” — Nancy Pelosi
“You get out and you create a crowd and you push back on them
and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere.” — Maxine Waters
Taking statements quite out of context. I see it relentlessly pushed on FOX.
It's called "Whataboutery." If any here haven't checked out the definition, it's a good, short read.
In addition, this is a simple false equivalency. Take all the factors between both incomparable situatations and decide for yourselves.
I like to call it "Apples and Origins*"
*You'll have to watch the video of 45* attempting to say the word "origins" of the Russian investigation (I believe) and he keeps saying "oranges."

Latest posts

Back