Russian spy: 'More known' about substance involved

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The assistant commissioner is speaking live on BBC news he has reported one of the police officers that attended is now in a serious condition in hospital they believe it was a nerve agent that has poisoned them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43312625

Well if it is proven the Russians are involved, perhaps we could ask Jeremy to have a word with them. I am sure they will listen, but only probably about as much as they will to Boris.
Anyway, joking aside?, I'm afraid the Russians don't come across as a nice bunch to me. Strong Mafia connections, drug use in sport, annexe a sovereign state or two, oligarchs, megalomaniac leader, possible war crimes in the Middle East to name few things. Sadly they seem to be able to carry out these sort of covert operations with impunity and there's not a lot we can do to stop them, Litvinenko as an example of the ones we have heard about.
Hang on. There's someone at the front door.....

55130937-0006-4035-9B03-3772D97B6BE2.png
I’d rather have Jeremy than this clown!
I can just imagine the Russian response to this, ah well RIP Ken Dodd,always someone to fill the shoes

Before we start to condemn the Russians for being unsociable (i.e. murdering swine), let's not forget that the oligarchs of Russia have contributed large sums of money to the Conservative Government in order that it can stay in power!

The Sunday Times ran an article that stated:

"Russian oligarchs and their associates had registered donations of £826,100 to the Tories since Theresa May entered No 10."

Ooooh! Not The Guardian! Does this mean that it can be believed? I Googled "Russian donations to the Labour Party" and was amazed that they hadn't paid anything to my cause! That proves that they are the "Murdering Swine!" that we all thought they were.

I hope that Mr. Putin is trembling in his boots having heard Boris's take on the situation!

Hi!
I can't stand conspiracy theories, but something doesn't smell right about this case.
The attack happened one day after his daughter arrived in the UK. The Detective Sergeant who "went to their aid" is now reported to have visited their home. None of the others who assisted were as seriously contaminated as the DS.
As I said, I don't have time for conspiracy theories, but is this a false flag operation to discredit Russia?
Many of our allies have rallied around Theresa May in support - even our European critics have forgotten Brexit and are standing shoulder to shoulder with us.
Falklands War?

Food for thought there!

I've never thought that the Falkland Islands invasion was a "surprise" either! Either Maggie knew that the Argentinians were going to invade the Falkland Islands or our so-called Security Services were so stupid as to not notice the Argentinians organise an Invasion Army that comprised 20,000 men, supplies for 20,000 men, dozens of landing craft and an assortment of troop ships.

Maybe this is on a similar vein!

To those that delude themselves by imagining that an operation like this is part of some fairy tale, my conclusion is they must be living in the same fairy tale. And WTF the Falklands war has got to do with the current situation I do not know, what next, parallels with Mata Hari?
If countries like North Korea can assassinate senior members of its country's elite on foreign soil with the limited resources it can muster, what is stopping a country like Russia with the resources it possesses carrying out this sort of operation. The Russian state, driven by Putin, is out to re-establish its position on the centre of the world stage, having lost considerable ground after the fall of communism. Boasts about advanced nuclear weapons, restablishing their position in the Middle East by aligning with Syria's Assad, annexing Crimea, cheating at world sports events to appear to be world beaters be are all part of this posturing, not least to keep the man at the top in a job. They are constantly pushing the boundaries, examples of this being the occasional high profle harrassment of our borders by the Russian military. As I said above 'they seem to be able to carry out these sort of covert operations with impunity and there's not a lot we can do to stop them'. Expulsions, economic sanctions will be met by the same measures. So they really have nothing much to lose by carrying out an operation like this. It demonstrates that they have the power to do it if they choose to do so, without serious repurcussions to them, and it certainly won't precipitate any retaliatory action that undermines their position on the world stage. And lets be honest who's going to stop them?

Last edited:
RT appear to have recruited a lot of people as apologists for Putin and oddly it has united two groups that are normally miles apart.
You have the hate/undermine anything pro western society who are of the Corbynista vein then you have the nationalists pro Brexit group who love Putin for being a strong white no compromise leader.
Strange times.

Hi!
This is the point: the Press seem to be following this lead, and the government are also pushing this idea, but it has not yet been established as fact.
The question that no-one seems to address is, "Why did the policeman become seriously contaminated while other persons at he scene were only slightly affected?"

Maybe he touched something that they did without gloves ie car door handle, part of their bodies that were contaminated, maybe there is a threshold where a certain level needs to be exceeded to cause harm.
It a long stretch and a fair bit of tin foil hattery,to link that to a false flag operation.

Hi!
I can't stand conspiracy theories, but something doesn't smell right about this case.
The attack happened one day after his daughter arrived in the UK. The Detective Sergeant who "went to their aid" is now reported to have visited their home. None of the others who assisted were as seriously contaminated as the DS.
As I said, I don't have time for conspiracy theories, but is this a false flag operation to discredit Russia?
Many of our allies have rallied around Theresa May in support - even our European critics have forgotten Brexit and are standing shoulder to shoulder with us.
Falklands War?

He could have been the dedicated contact for the the russian chap so there wouldn't have been anything strange with a home visit? but the poison at his home theory would be worth exploring.

I was under the impression that every country with any sort of spy organisation was doing this sort of thing as routine. Nobody batted an eyelid when we assassinated Jihadi John a while back. Or have I been watching too many movies...

Jihadi John was a combatant so a legitimate target.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back