Santa's wish list 2018

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, having partner permission to convert 1/3rd of our house to brewery and planning permission is finally in and validated.
I would be happy with the go-ahead to demolish and re-build. TBH it has not been an easy process,,,,, but we are starting to speak again,,,,

However, I am restricted to a 200l brewery for SEPA initial waste restrictions. Sugestions of kit welcome!
I love my Brewbuilder 50l BIAB and 3kw ind hob though,,,,
I just need to quadrouple(?) production,,,

He can empty his sack on my floor, as it will be hoseable!

Just had an order of 25kg of Minch Pale malt and 3 kg of RedX along with a corny keg from THBC and as it was delivered on Monday she asked what I wanted for Xmas as it was paid for using a bonus from work to which I replied another corny keg to which she said "Then you can order it" as she had ordered a used one before.
Order has just been placed.

I'm hoping for a bench capper, a stainless steel paddle and some ingredients to make some Jaipur

One son is buying me 10 x 25kg of uncrushed malt from Fawcett's. Minimum order but well under half price of the home brew shops. The other son Gift vouchers from The Malt Miller. The wife is buying me an Aston Martin so I can get to the pub quicker. That's me sorted.

Don't forget to ask for a tow hitch and trailer to cart all that malt around too.athumb.. I buy 25kg bags from my local microbrewery, one at a time and pay £30 a sack and it's surprising how quickly I can get through one sack. I like the idea of bulk buy 10 at a time, I might look into that .

Holy cow, that's a heck of a saving. I'm going to look into getting my my store room stocked up with some of that.

Just had a tip off from a loose lipped elf that my sack will be bulging with was appears to be a 50ltr stainless gas brew pot with thermometer, bazooka hop filter and drain tap. Oooooh. I could be doubling my brew day volume shortlyathumb..

I bought a pasta machine to turn into a grain mill but after reading the brulosophy experiment on using grain that was crushed 6 months ago, and my own experience, I'm not going to bother and just buy crushed grain.

http://brulosophy.com/2018/10/29/the-impact-of-age-on-crushed-malt-exbeeriment-results/

Interesting, I was looking to buy a grain mill but already have a pasta roller so how does that work?

Regarding brulosophy, every experiment I’ve read dismisses received wisdom. Interesting they admit in most cases that will will continue with accepted wisdom regardless of there findings.

Back