Scottish National Homebrew Competition 2024

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not according to the Royal Mail leaflet that I linked
Yes you're right, I've interpreted "per item" as "per parcel" and that doesn't look right.

Looking again it's 2l max per parcel:

Alcoholic beverages and liquids containing 24% alcohol by volume (ABV) or less (including beer, lager, wine and champagne)

UK & International - Allowed in the mail, with restrictions and packaging guidelines below:
Volume should not exceed 1 litre per item.
No more than two items in any one parcel.
Wrap in polythene and seal with tape.
Surround with absorbent material such as newspaper and sufficient cushioning material to protect each item from breakage.
Mark as 'FRAGILE' when sending glass bottles.
The sender's name and return address must be clearly visible on the outer packaging.
Additional general advice: Place in a suitable rigid outer container.

https://personal.help.royalmail.com...tricted-items---advice-for-personal-customers

I got confused with Royal Mail/Post Office so am trying out DHL where I drop off at Budgens and they deliver next day (or rather, DHL collect next working day and deliver the day after that). I paid £10 for 2 entries (each being 3×500ml).
Paid and printed label online in advance.

I do wonder if the recent weather will affect deliveries being on time.

Last edited:
Yes you're right, I've interpreted "per item" as "per parcel" and that doesn't look right.

Alcoholic beverages and liquids containing 24% alcohol by volume (ABV) or less (including beer, lager, wine and champagne)

UK & International - Allowed in the mail, with restrictions and packaging guidelines below:
Surround with absorbent material such as newspaper and sufficient cushioning material to protect each item from breakage.
The sender's name and return address must be clearly visible on the outer packaging.

https://personal.help.royalmail.com...tricted-items---advice-for-personal-customers
"Volume should not exceed 1 litre per item.
No more than two items in any one parcel."

I missed the second part. My parcel had 3 items (bottles)

Just under on the 2 l max we will ignore the guidance, it's guidance not a must..that's how I read it 😁. The cargo is allowable and you have paid the correct weight.. no issue 😁

Well that's mine away and delivered. Opted for glass rather than PET this time, hopefully my packaging holds up 😳

Fair to say a few were delivered

1000058600.jpg

Well that's mine away and delivered. Opted for glass rather than PET this time, hopefully my packaging holds up 😳

Fair to say a few were delivered

View attachment 94862
I got the same picture on my delivery confirmation, although I can't actually see my box in the picture. Hopefully it's not the one sat on top in the plastic bag.

mine got delivered by Parcel Farce late this afternoon....no proof of delivery image though.

I know the instructions said to mark the package "fragile" and I see that some people have, but I wonder if it makes any difference to how the couriers handle them.
The cynical part of me thinks that they will throw them harder if marked fragile.

I just use collect plus or parcel 2 go and select the up to 5kg option. Evri next day came out cheapest at £7ish to send my 6 PET 500ml bottles. Evri use those drop-off units and there’s one across the road from me so simplest to use them. Hopefully being delivered today.

I got the same picture on my delivery confirmation, although I can't actually see my box in the picture. Hopefully it's not the one sat on top in the plastic bag.

Likewise, had thought mine was somewhere else but that looks to have a hand-written address label, which mine didn't.

Trying to recall if I put one or two rows of fragile tape on mine or not, the damaged one looks like there's two.

Think scanning in starts tomorrow so🤞

Latest posts

Back